I'm Sorry

Shit.

Shit, shit and shit again.

I had to clean the back of my guitar so hard to get rid of the 'St. Jimmy' on the back.

Mike was ignoring me and he'd moved away in every lesson where I sat with him.

I didn't blame him, he had a black eye now and his lip was popped.

I had tried to talk to him, but he'd just look away and not answer.

I was running out of ideas, so I went to the last person I trusted.

My mom.

"Mom, can I talk to you for a second?" I said as I walked into the front room. She turned the TV off and looked up at me, staying silent when she saw I was serious.

"Something happened. My guitar was stolen from the music room, and the last person there was Mike, so I kinda... jumped ahead of myself, and... I punched him." My mom sighed, and bit her nail.

"Is that why you got sent home the other day?" She asked. I nodded.

"Mom, what do I do? Mike like, hates me and I miss him." I muttered, looking down at my fingers.

My mom looked deep in thought for a second.

"Mike plays bass right?" I nodded. "He uses the one from the school, he borrows it, doesn't he?" I nodded again and she smiled big. "My boss came to me today and said he had gotten his son a bass guitar but he had no interest in playing it, so he gave it to me. I was going to see if you wanted it, but if you want to give it to Mike.." She trailed off and I nodded quickly, and she laughed. "There you go then, Bill." I hugged her tight.

"Thanks mom!"

"No problem. The bass and case are in the kitchen." I nodded and ran to the kitchen, unzipping the case.

A beautiful bass, much nicer than the one Mike uses. I checked the pockets of the case. 

Strings, a tuner, bass playing for beginners, polish and a cloth.

Awesome. 

I threw the case with the bass onto my shoulder and ran to get my guitar, basically skipping out the door to Mike's. 

His mom opened the door.

"Billie, thank god. What's up with Mike?" She asked.

"I don't know, but I think I can fix it." I said, gesturing to my back. She blinked.

"Oh my, Billie Joe. Is that for Mike?" I nodded lots and she smiled. "Aww. He's in the backyard." I went round the outside of the house, seeing Mike sitting on the lawn, facing away from me. I walked over and sat next to him, and he shuffled away.

"Mike, please. Hear me out." He looked at me, and I took this as a good sign. "You know how much that guitar means to me-" 

"I never touched it!" He suddenly cut me off.

"I know. I just didn't give you a chance. I was all mad, and y'know I can't think when I'm mad. I'm sorry..." I said. He just looked at me. "I know this might not even start to say I'm sorry, but..." I unzipped the case and got the bass out, laying it across his lap. His eyes widened as he picked it up, spinning it around.

"What... what's this?" He asked.

"It's your new bass." I said proudly. His eyes widened even more.

"Are you freaking kidding me? How'd you even do this?" He asked.

"I'm a wizard." I said, and he giggled, lying it over his lap and playing a few chords, outwardly sighing at the sound it made. It sounded great.

"Am I forgiven?" I asked, and he nodded lots and wrapped his arms around me tight, hugging me. I looked into the kitchen window and saw Mike's mom smiling at our hug. She gave me the thumbs up and I got my guitar out, tuning it.

She walked off, leaving us to what we do best together, making music.