Late Night Drive

I had just picked her up from her house because she texted me in a panic that I needed to come quick, it was 2am and I wasn't even wearing pants, but I knew I had to go.

Two turned to three as I made the long drive from mine to hers, when I pulled up she didn't even let me get out of the car before she jumped in the back seat and told me to drive while she wiped dried tears from her face, the first half hour of the drive she was quiet, but then she leaned her head forward and put it on the passenger seat and asked

"you're tired, aren't you?"

"Of corse I'm tired, I just drove for an hour just to turn around and do it again, but I'll be fine. So why did you need me to come anyways? And why were you crying?" I asked as I pulled off to get something to eat.

The only things open were fast food drive-thrus, but it was better than starving.

She slumped back into the back seat and said quietly "I had a big fight with my mom and I just couldn't be there anymore, can I stay with you?"

"So she doesn't even know you're here?" I asked, worried about her mother being more angry at her now.

"Well, not exactly no, but she doesn't need to." She said as I handed her some fries.

I sighed deeply and said, "yeah, you can stay with me for a while, I'll make it work."

"You're the best!" She said as she wrapped her arms around me causing me to spill my drink.

We pulled in the driveway at about 4am, my father was about to get up for work so we had to get inside fast. We quickly hurried through the back door, making sure to be as quiet as we could, and into my room. Since we had just pulled an all nighter we were both extremely tired.

"You can sleep in my bed, I'll go sleep on the couch." I said.

As I reached for the door, "Wait!" She whispered loudly so as to not wake anyone.

"What is it? Do you want me to stay in here or something?" I said jokingly, and provocatively.

"Not like that, it's just...uh...oh! Won't your parents wonder why you're on the couch?" She stumbled to figure out what to say.

"It's ok, I'll stay if you want." I said as I crawled into bed and wrapped my arms around her, "It'll be ok, I promise." I said as we fell asleep together.