2. The Two Housecats Meet

"Darn." When Ewon Jung woke, he clearly articulated his words. And it was pretty common for him to have a pounding hangover with no memory after free nights, before he met Mookyul. He attributed this one to a night out with a couple friends.

But, he remembered, this was after meeting Mookyul, which meant-

"Shit." He was in so much trouble.

Not in pain anywhere else, Ewon noticed, as he propped himself up. Also, not in Mookyul's condo. Add naked to the list. From all these clues, he could guess that he had not exactly stayed over at a friend's house. He had not been laid either...he had laid someone else?

Seeing the delicate figure, also nude, waking beside him confirmed this. The chances of him escaping from Mookyul's grasp with his life were becoming ever slimmer.

"Mmhm." Akihito Takaba's explanation for his migraine was that he needed more sleep. Or Fei Long had kidnapped him again. Between those two. He slowly opened his eyes, prepared to see anything. A wiry, blonde Asian about his age was not among those anythings.

"Ah! Who are you?!" He bolted upright. The blondie looked very stressed and gloomy.

"I don't even care anymore. You?"

"Hmm. So you didn't kidnap me?" Akihito was relieved. Then no more tattoos.

"Kidnap? You've been kidnapped before?! Scary! I'm Ewon Jung. I can make amazing coffee." Ewon's eyes grew wide as if seeing the price tag of an Armani suit.

Akihito grinned. "I'm Akihito Takaba. Coffee would definitely wake me up." He looked around at their surroundings. "Where are we?"

Ewon scratched his head. "I have no idea, actually." He glanced at Akihito. "Hurt anywhere?"

Akihito shook his head. "Nah. Just need coffee to get rid of this godawful headache."

"Yeah. My head's about to explode, too. Hey, you're pretty good at Korean."

"You're actually really fluent in Japanese. I couldn't even..."

They looked at each other.

"Something's strange," Ewon said for both of them.

Akihito's eyes glinted. "I just hope we're not dead and gone to heaven."

"Plausible, that." Ewon nodded in agreement. He mumbled, "I wonder where Mookyul is?"

"Who's that?"

"My childish and outright animal-like boss who thinks he owns me and won't take no for an answer if it's something he wants. He's also filthy rich with a sleazy adopted father who dolls him up every chance he gets. You got anybody like that at home?"

Akihito rolled his eyes. "I wish I didn't. But this guy named Asami loves toying with me as one of his hobbies, knowing he's got all the money and power in the world. No sleazy father (which just seems awful), but this Chinese mafia boss he knew used me as a hostage to get back at him in...multiple ways..."

Ewon wiped tears from his glimmering eyes and sniffled. "I can't express how much I sympathize. I know exactly how you feel. Mookyul's in the mafia business, too, and some people who wanted to get back at him used me as bait..."

Akihito took Ewon's hands in his. "We should stick together."

Ewon squeezed both their hands lightly and said, with large, teary eyes, "I totally agree! We should support each other and get out of this together...And then we should go out for dinner and a drink sometime."

Both nodded tearfully and promised to exchange numbers once they had their cellphones again.

And the two sentimental-but-practical housecats had more progress than our pair of territorial studs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~