Alexander Gideon Lightwood x Reader

Your POV

"And you-" He directed his next sneer at Alec. "I think we all know what's wrong with you. They shouldn't let your kind in the Clave. You're disgusting."

Alec let out a mangled yelp as Sebastion's grip on his throat tightened and the younger boy cast him aside like a ragdoll. Anger pulsed through me, spreading like wildfire. Seizing up Alec's fallen seraph blade, I lunged forward, pointing the tip at Sebastion's throat. Unlike Jace and Alec, my hands shook as I handled the weapon, a result of the rage burning up inside me.

"Don't you ever speak like that to Alec again," I spit the words out like they were venom in my mouth.

"Why do you stick up for him?" Sebastion drawled on, "I mean it's not like he's going to return the favour. That is, of course, one of the downsides of loving someone who never love you back, Alec would know. You see, even if he wanted to love you back he couldn't. It's pointless. Your love is pointless. He will never love you back."

Shrieking with fury, I plunged the seraph blade into his throat. At least, where his throat used to be. I gasped in surprise as I struck nothing but air and spun on my heels. Suddenly, someone wrenched the blade from my grip and wrapped their cold fingers around my wrist. I felt myself being flung through the air and waited for the impact of the Gard's wall.

My head smashed against the old, hard stone just before my body came crashing down onto the ground. Pain like nothing I'd ever felt before shot through my head and down my spine. It felt as though my whole body was ablaze. My lungs screamed for air, begging me to breathe. I could feel myself searching for the breath that would not come. Darkness seemed to outline my vision.

Finally, Sebastion's final words to me racing through my mind, darkness overcame and the world faded into abyss.

Alexander Gideon Lightwood would never, ever, love me back.

A/N: Hey guys, I've decided to make this a two part one-shot so keep your eyes peeled for the second part and enjoy!