Chapter Four

Mariona's POV

"Heiress? What do you mean heiress?" I ask confused.

"What my husband meant to say is that, you might be our granddaughter...." Bella explained to me.

"How would you know that I am your granddaughter?"

"Simple. First, you look exactly like our daughter. Second, we've seen a birthmark at your neck. And third, we could check the blood sample between you and your might-be-mother." He said like it was nothing.

"Why don't you just tell me instead of hiring someone to kidnap me?" I asked another question.

"Well, we couldn't just tell you straight away. You, of course wouldn't agree and ran away from us." He stated.

True what he said.

"Nonno! Nonna! Sono a casa adesso!" Someone shouted.

(Grandpa! Grandma! I'm home now!)

"Well, you two talk I'll head downstairs." Bella walks away not before smiling at me.

"Why now....?" I asked a bit upset.

"Why what?" He asked.

Why now? Why didn't you guys search for me? Why was I an orphan? Why?"

"We're sorry. Believe me dear, we searched every day and night for you. There's no traces of you. But don't worry, we already killed the person who kidnapped you."

"Why did they kidnapped me?" I asked another question.

"Because on that time, you're the only heir to the Rinorin Family. We've found out that the person who kidnapped you was hired."

"Hired? By whom?" I widen my eyes.

"Apparently, a rival of our family. The Angelotti Family. They've been trying to ruin our family since..." His eyes started to darken a bit.

"Since what?" I look at him trying to find some answers.

"Nothing. Apparently, they're also as same as us. A dangerous mafia family." He smiles a fake smile at me.

"So, you're involved in the mafia world?"

"Well, we're actually in the mafia world."

"So, you're a mafia?" I ask again trying to confirm what he just said.

"Sadly, yes." He said to me.

"Oh, okay."

I look at my watch. Shit! It's almost 9 o'clock!

"Can I go now?" I asked Vincent.

"Yes you may go, but before that you might want to eat, so I've asked our chef to cook some meals for all of us since it's almost dinner." He said getting up from his chair and escorted me through the hallways.

Wait, what about mom!? Shit! She'll be so mad at me! I took my phone from my pocket and opened it.

27 missed calls from mom, 5 missed calls from my best friend whose name is Haley. 36 messages from mom and 12 messages from Haley.

Oh no. When I come home mom's going to chop of my head, lecture me and Haley is going to be so mad!

I looked at Haley's messages.

7:01 p.m

Hey Mari! Where are you? Your mom has been calling 5 times now and I'm worried about you... plz answers this message :-(

From,
Haley

7:04 p.m

Oh my god Mari!? Where are you!? Please just please answer my phone!! Your mom looks like she's going to faint!