Chapter 3: Competition in Top 1

Kriiiiiinnngggg...

It's time to go home!

*Toot* Toot* Toot*

My phone is ringing and mom is calling.

"Hello, mom."

[Daughter, I want you to know this.]

"Know what?"

[You are already registered in Harvard University. Harvard University is a private Ivy League research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Me and your uncle Zamuel has a deal, that you need to maintain your grades and you need to maintain being on top 1. I agree to him because I know that you can do it. Is it ok?]

"That's so easy."

[Ok, daughter. Good luck to your studies and always pray. I love you.]

"I love you too, mom."

End of Conversation....

I'm half nervous, because I'm really not sure if Zhay is real smart or not. Things will be more clarify when monthly exam is already done, If his scores is higher than mine, then I need to be extra careful of my grades, If my scores is still higher than him then, I don't have any reason to be nervous.

** Dorm

I need to focus!! Studies first! I will back read our lessons so that if the monthly exam is near, I will not rush myself to review.

7 weeks pass..

2nd Monthly Test.

*** School

"Kleir, do you review?

"Me? Reviewing?"

"Oh! I forgot! You're smart, you don't need to review. That's why I'm proud of you, bestfriend."

"Yes!"

"Let's go to the canteen. Let's eat!"

"Ok."

As we come near to the canteen, I can see Zhay from there.

As usual, he's READING again.

Okey! I will tell the truth, when I seeing him just relaxing and just reading his book, I'm beginning to be more nervous. Actually what he always reads is not our school book, I think it's an encyclopaedia.

See? I never saw him reading our books or reviewing, but I need to pretend that I'm not affected! Oh my ghad!! This is the first time I feel this heart beat so fast. Before, I was like, relaxing and just chilling when an exam is there but now!! Woah!!

** Classroom

"Jess, get one and pass."

As I hold the paper I start shaking.

"Ok, ma'am."

The place was so quiet. I can't hear anything but my heart beat..

I start answering the questions but I can't remember anything from what I review!! Help!! I'm really nervous and I'm still shaking. I know, you can't relate to me but this numbers, these grades, this top is important to me, to make my dreams come true. I need this to enroll to one of the highest schools in the world!! And my brain is the only thing to make my parents proud.

Kriiiinnnggg..

3 days periodical exams in first quarter are done!

** Dorm

I'm just lying down to my bedroom and thinking what could the result of the exam but I feel hungry so, I will go down to get some snack.

When I open my door....

I saw Zhay sitting in front of his door..

He look at me and smile..

"Zhay, why are you their?"

"Just thinking."

"Ok."

So, I leave him alone and go down stairs to get some snacks.

When I'm done getting some snacks, I saw him near the stairs..

Is he following me?

I just look at him and get up stairs..

I'm already inside my room but I want to talk to him.

I'm close to the door and I'm beginning to open the door knob but I restrain myself.

I go back to my bed but I look at my door.. So, I went near to my door to open it but I restrain myself again.

I don't know but I want to talk to him about my grades but I'm scared. I want to tell him that I need this! Please, I don't want to lose this.