Wrong Direction.

Chapter 1 .

-----------

"Sweetie, it's time to get up for school. It's your senior year aren't you excited?" My mom asked while looking at me from my door. I continued laying in bed and groaned.

"No mom. I'm not excited at all. We just moved here.. I have no friends here!" I said while getting up and sitting on the edge of my bed, looking at my mom. U

"Oh sweetie, just stop. Im sure everybody will love you on the first day. What isn't there to like about you? Your beautiful, sweet, and smart."

"Yeah yeah. Mom can you get out? I have to take a shower and change." I said while getting up to grab a towel and a washcloth.

"Sure hun, just make sure you're downstairs by 7:30, so you won't be late." My mom said while shutting the door and leaving.

I made my way to the bathroom and placed my towel and a washcloth on the counter. I grabbed my toothbrush and squeezed toothpaste on it, and began brushing my teeth. After about 5 minutes, I stripped down and hopped in the shower. I applied shampoo and conditioner to my hair. I washed my body with a bar of soap, then quickly shaved my legs.

I turned off the water and stepped onto the towel next to the tub. Grabbing my towel from the counter I dried my wet body. I picked up another towel and wrapped it around my head so that my hair would be dry- or at least halfway dry, when I put my clothes on.

The first day of school is always a 'Dress to impress kinda day.' However, I just go with the flow. I don't understand why some girls go way out on short skirts and a butt load of makeup. It doesn't look cute at all. They try so hard to impress guys. But, in reality they look like trash.

I rummaged through my closet until I found what I was looking for. I picked out a knee length dress. It was floral so, I picked white sandals to go with it.

I sat down at my huge vanity in my room, and plugged up my curling wand. While i waited for that to heat up, I took my hair out of the towel and waited for it to air dry. I took out my makeup from my drawer and applied a little blush, some mascara and some liquid foundation, so I'd look flawless. I don't normally wear makeup but I just do so that I'll look more awake. If you know what I mean.

After about 5 minutes I checked if my curling wand was hot enough- which it was, so I ran a brush through my dark brown hair, and parted it into small sections. I curled each section, and before I knew it I was done. You see, my hair is kinda on the long side; about waist length. So, it takes a while to get my hair how I want it everyday. I picked out a perfume and sprayed it all over my body.

I was good to go.

I got up from my dresser and walked to my mirror.

'Not so classy. Not too trashy.' I thought as I looked my self over.

I glanced over at my clock and it read '7:00'. So I made my way downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and my dad was reading a newspaper while drinking coffee. While my mom was making us breakfast. The smell of Chocolate chip pancakes made my mouth water. She knew it was my favorite.

"Aw Brooklyn, don't you look beautiful. Trying to impress someone on the first day I see?" My dad said while looking up from the newspaper to me.

I glared at him before replying.

"No dad, this is how I normally dress. Stop trying to make everything awkward." I said while taking a seat across from him.

My mom placed a plate of pancakes at the table one for each of us, and immediately I dug in.