Akito's Story

♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥♠♣♦♥

Akito:

It was Friday night and I was with this girl, Brooke, who insisted on coming over. She walked over to me. She was seventeen and trying to control my life. I was fifteen and wanted nothing to do with her. However, I put up the act. She giggled when I poked her sides. “Akito!” she cried, excitedly.

I simply smiled the most realistic smile I could. She was walking towards me to kiss me and suddenly I got dizzy. I groaned. “Ah, not again,” I sighed.

“What’s wrong, Kito?” Brooke asked.

“Nothing,” I replied. “I just feel like crap.”

“I’ll go home,” she sighed, walking to the door of my room.

“Thanks. I need to rest,” I mumbled.

“Rest? You must be sick,” she giggled. She grabbed her bag and left. “See ya!”

“Later.”

I ran across my room after I closed and locked my door. I leaned over the toilet and tried to vomit. Nothing. So I went to the kitchen for water. “You okay?” my mom asked, sarcastically.

“Fine, Amy. Fine,” I growled.

I could tell she was drunk. She stumbled over and slapped me across the face. I lost my balance. “Don’t you dare call me Amy! I am your mother. You will call me ‘mom’ or ‘mother’ or ‘ma’am’. Not Amy! God, child. Show respect,” she yelled.

“You are not my mother!” I screamed back.

She slapped me again and I fell to the floor. “Get out of my house. You are a disgrace!”

I ran to my room and changed into black clothes, which consisted of my Tripp pants, a black t-shirt, and my black Suicide Scream hoodie. I packed all my belongings and CDs into a duffel bag and made sure to grab my two pocket knives. I  took a knife and sliced my hand. I, then, smeared spots of blood in my room. I laughed a little. Then, I started on my way to a park. I found a small cement tube and I crawled in. Not long after, a young child walked to me. He appeared to be eight or nine years old. He looked familiar. “Are you alone, mister?” a small voice mumbled.

“Yeah? Why?” I questioned.

“I know you! Akito. The strange boy,” the child sighed. “You know me.”

“I’m pretty sure I-” I stopped.

The boy was glowing. Suddenly he changed. I, now, recognized the person, a boy my age named Kai. “Know me?” he muttered. “Thought so.”

“Shapeshifter?”  I asked.

“Yeah,” Kai nodded.

“Wizard?”

“Kind of.”

“Oh,” I sighed.

Kai looked at me, puzzled. “Are you okay?”

“I feel ill,” I groaned.

“Hm,” he mumbled. “That’s who Brooke was talking about.”

“Yeah.”

“Why are you out here alone? Aren’t you cold?” he questioned.

“I got kicked out. And yeah...I’m cold. I can’t believe it’s snowing,” I smiled a half-hearted smile.

“I didn’t know you smiled. Or talked,” he sighed.

“Yeah...I...I-” I cut off and crawled out of the cement tube, running around the building at the park. I started to puke. I felt a hand on my back.