Chapter 1: Neighbors

Ross's POV:

It was another depressing summer morning...

I got up and walked into my trashed living room. The remains of my argument with my ex. I go to the kitchen a get ready to make myself a bowl of cereal.

(Flashback to the argument)

"YOU NEVER HAVE FUCKING TIME FOR ME!!!" She said, as she threw bowl at me. She missed and hit a painting off the wall. "Lisa, I've been trying for us!" I shouted, she threw a plate.

I caught it, "YOU LOVE YOUR GAMES, MORE THAN YOU LOVE ME!!!"  Lisa yelled, as she flipped a table, "Lisa, that's my job!" I shout, "I get paid to play those games! I PLAY THEM FOR US!!!" She stopped throwing things, grabbed her purse and said, "I-I'm j--... I'm just done with you... Goodbye, Ross." She turned around and left...

(End Flashback)

I go to the fridge and grab some milk for my cereal. Before I could pour the milk I heard a knock at the front door. I put down the milk carton and walk to the front door.

I open the door to a tallish, brunette man. "Hello... Um, I'm new here and... Uh, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Adam, but my friends call my 'Sky'." Adam said, as he stuck his hand out for me to shake, I stared at him and chuckled, "Ok, 'Adam'. Do you wanna get a drink?" I asked, I seemed shocked, "Oh, um I-... Sure." He smiled, now pulling his hand back.

"Ok, cool... I'll be out in a minute, just lemme get ready." I said, as I closed the door.

(Ten minutes later)

"Ok, lets go." I say as we exit the building, Adam starts to walk to his car, "Hey, Adam..." He looks at me, "Um, the bar isn't that far away, so we could walk instead..." Adam face palmed and followed me. "So where did you move from?" I asked him, "Oh, I moved here from New York, after I broke up with my ex-boyfriend." I nod. "Yeah... I'm gay." He said.

Adam's POV:

There was probably a better way to say that... Oh, well it seems like he took it well enough. I look to our left and see a small, but crowded bar. As we enter the scent of alcohol filled my nose.

I go up to the bar, "Two beers, please." I said, the bartender looked at me, nodded and walked away to go get the drinks. Ross found us a table and sat down. The bartender came back with two cold beers and a couple of shots.

"Thanks, but I didn't order those shots..." I said, he looked me in the eye then said, "If I've learned anything from my years of bartending." He paused, looking over at Ross, "It's that I know when someone NEEDS a drink... Just take the shots, they're on the house." I smile, thank him, then grab the drinks and head towards the table.

I sit down as I hand Ross his beer. "Sorry for my rudeness earlier. I just broke up with my ex Lisa last night." He said, I smiled awkwardly, as I pushed a shot towards him, he smiled then downed it.

(Timeskip to going home)

We were both fairly drunk, stumbling down the hallway towards our apartments. Both of us at our doors. As I was about to enter, Ross came up to me and... kissed me?! I thought he was straight... 

"Le.." His voice cracked, "Let me in?" I reach in his pants pocket, "Oh. Heh, so you wanna do it in the hall?" He slurred, I rolled my eyes and pulled out his keys.

I smiled as I walked him into his bedroom. "Lay down." I said, he looked at me for a minute, then sat down on the bed. I start taking off his clothes, "Hehehe..." He giggled, he probably thinks that I'm gonna have sex with him... I push him into the bed and cover him up. "Thank you, Lisa... I love yoouuu..." He slurred as he dozed off. I'm probably gonna pass out in a minute... I'm not gonna make to my apartment... I swiftly stumbled in to a chair in the living room, and soon after fell asleep...