I'm ready now

My mother once told me "Never give up the things that you love, because if you do, then you'll never learn how to fight for yourself." At the time, my young self hadn't pay attention to the truth that laid between her words, and quite francly I haven't remembered them untill recently. It wasn't untill now that I found myself in a route with no path nor future that my mind understood her words. How stupid could I be?  Life had hit not once, but twice square in the face and I stupidly kept going down the easy road. The wrong road. I had chosen the oath where a fight wasn't required, and the only thing that you got put of it was misery, shame, and pitty. Pitty for yourself. If I had only fought with all that I had... Not with fists nor blood, but with love and persistance. Then everything could've gone differently. But I didn't and now it was too late. He was far away because I told him to, and I was here in this church with a white dress that I didn't want to wear and a man that was supposed to marry me waiting in the other room.

"You know that I'll always be by your side no matter what, right?" Niall had said to me when he brought my dress to the room. "You'll never be alone" ... But I will be, after today at least. After this marriage was finally concluded I would let myself fall into the abiss of lonelyness with the love of a child being all that could possibly hold me up.

"It's time, sweety." The voice of my mother said while her head made an appearence through the open side of the door. "They're all waiting."

"I know." I said, taking my dress in hand. "Tell Niall he can come in, he can walk me now."