Stunned, surprised, shocked.

ONE YEAR EARLIER 

You see, the first time I ever saw  him was in kinder garden. At the time he had blonde hair, straight as hell with what I like to call, a fungus cut. The kind of haircut that one would think was made by holding a base on the boy's head and simply follow the line drawn with a scissor. 

On 4th grade, was the first time that he noticed me. We were both too focus on balancing our plates in the school's dinning room that an inevitable crash between the two of us happened. However, it wasn't until 5th grade that we actually spoke. A school play was going on and our classes got paired together in the rehearsals. By then, his hair was no longer straight nor blonde. The months had turned his blonde locks into curly light brown strands, that went wild all over the place. 

He said hi and I said hi. Nothing more.

The week after, I learned that his name was Harry. He had asked a friend of mine if he could ask me on his behalf to be his girlfriend; logically I said no. I was ten and no romantic thoughts had ever crossed my mind. Three days later, I found out that he had only asked me to be his girlfriend because he had taken some liking on a girl named Victoria, and only wanted to make her jealous. 

I got angry, and some of my friends laughed a little.

In junior high, we where on the same class and a full on love-hate relationship was developed. He called me names and I despised him. But in 8th grade something changed. Somehow, we no longer fought, nor hated each other. He had become my best friend, whom my other friends would insist that liked me on a more romantic label. I wouldn't believe them though, the thought was way too overwhelming.

Nonetheless, right before finishing 8th grade he kissed me, out of the blue, right on the library. 

I freaked out and ran away. 

The next year, we both had chose to forget all about the incident and our friendship vanished. I became the nerd of the class, and he, a jock. He started going to parties and making out with older girls, while I, on my mediocracy, secretly developed a crush on him. I would deny it though. My friends would ask me about it and I would shake it off. What was the point anyway? He had girls aligned for him to choose, and my presence wouldn't off made a difference. 

Two years went like that, until I finally got over him. 

Senior year went silently. We were no longer on the same classes and my attention was captured by a college guy. My first boyfriend, Dean. 

The whole year went by and my insatiable need of breaking free from my house hold, lead me to  applying for college in America. The oppression of living in a country where nothing good seemed to be awaiting for me, brought me to Georgetown University in Washington D.C. 

It was understandable that, after traveling all the way across the atlantic ocean, I had expected to never see a familiar face from my old town, ever again. But there I was, stunned, surprised, shocked. 

 "I guess we'll be living in the same building, then." I said and closed the door.