Chapter 1; Distance

Distance; The extent or amount of space between two things, points, lines, etc. In some cases, the amount of space or actions towards two or more people.

~~

Louis had been waiting for Harry to come home for five hours now. He had called and told Louis he would be out with his mates for a while, telling Louis he'd be home before midnight. Well it was long past midnight. It was five AM!!

Saying Louis was worried sick was an understatement. He was worried out of his mind! He felt like he was going insane!

Harry wouldn't answer his phone, and he never told him where he was going, or what he was even doing. And since Harry took the car, Louis couldn't go look for him.

And so Louis just sat on the couch and waited for Harry to come home. uHe'd been sitting there for a good hour as he worried.

Soon enough, Harry had stumbled over his feet through the door, slamming it closed behind him. "Harry!" Louis exclaimed as he jumped to his feet.

Harry looked at Louis like he was crazy. "Why so loud?" he grumbled as he kicked off his shoes. "Where have you been!?" Louis said as he rushed over to Harry.

"Like I said, I was out with Stan and Andy." Harry growled. Louis shrunk back at Harry's loud voice. "But where?" he whimpered.

Harry rolled his eyes as he slowly pushed Louis away. "Doesn't matter, I need a smoke." he said with a scowl as he pulled smokes out if his pocket as walked away.

"Harry," Louis mumbled. "What!?" Harry screamed. Louis gasped with fright and covered his mouth. "N-nothing." he said before running up the stairs.

He ran into his and Harry's shared room and slammed the door shut behind him as he flattened against the door.

He had never seen Harry so angry before. 'What's gotten into him?' Louis thought as slowly say on the bed. He pulled of his shirt and rubbed his hand over his face.

'Maybe he'll be okay in the morning.' he thought as he layed down and sunk himself into the covers, pulling the duvet over himself.

He closed his eyes and sighed, he was worried about Harry. Ever since Harry got that new job, he's been acting very strange. And Louis doesn't like it.

As Louis was almost asleep, a creaking noise startled him. His eyes opened but he didn't move. A second later, the creaking noise sounded again and he realized it was the door.

"Lou?" Harry's voice called as he slowly walked toward the bed. "Are, are you awake?" Louis said nothing and squeezed his eyes shut.

He heard Harry sigh and he took a slow, deep breath. Harry carefully climbed on the bed, and tapped on Louis' shoulder.

"Louuu," he whined. "I'm sorry, Boo." he said quietly, shaking Louis' arm. "Lou, please talk to me."

He rolled Louis on his back and Louis opened his eyes as he bit his lip. "Why?" he asked.

"I'm so sorry, Lou. I didn't mean to snap like that." Harry said, stroking Louis' hair. "Where were you?" Louis whispered and sat against the headboard.

"Please don't worry about that.." Harry said as he placed his hands in his lap. "Harry, do you trust me?" Louis asked.

"Yes."

"Then why can't you tell me?"

Harry sighed. He didn't want Louis to know. He didn't want to hurt him. "Louis please." he begged.

Louis' heart dropped. Harry never called him that. It was always 'Lou' or 'Boo' or 'Boobear'. "So you don't trust me?" Louis asked, heartbroken.

Harry cupped Louis' cheek. "I do trust you, I just don't want to hurt you."