Chapter one ~ Unexpected news

"Mom, you cannot just drop a bomb like that? How long has this been going on?" My mom just told me that the relationship she's in is much more serious than she had told me before. She is going to marry James Tomlinson. I have met him a couple of time, but I had never seen this coming. What am I doing? I should be happy for her. This is the first time since my dad's dead that she has been together with another man. "I'm sorry Hope, I'm surprised to. But I couldn't say no. I know we haven't discussed it and it must be difficult for you but please try to understand. Maybe I should have told you more about James." She sigh. She looks like a depressed little puppy. "I'm sorry, Honey." I shake my head. "No mom. Don't be. I am happy for you! I'm just a little shocked." I smile at her and give her the biggest hug. "I'm so happy for you." I can already feel how relieved she is. "I'm glad you feel that way, even though it's overwhelming." Well I can't say that it's not overwhelming but at the same time I kind of expected it to happen. She's been acting strange lately.

A question pops up in my head. "Hey mom, I was wondering when the wedding is? I mean you didn't tell me" She nod and looks at me for a while before answering. "Everything is actually already prepared. The only thing that's missing is my wedding dress and that pretty much it honey. We hope it'll be in a month or so." And I thought that the wedding was the most overwhelming news. In a month? She must be kidding, right? How the hell did she keep it a secret for such a long time, that they could get everything settled? It doesn't matter. I need to stop being selfish. For gods sake, Hope! She is your mother. Be a little happy, will ya? I manage to smile. "Well I guess that's good news." She laugh. You know, one of those laughs where you for sure can hear that the person is truly happy. "Yes, it is. Now the only thing we need is a dress for you. I'd hope you'd be my maid of honor." I can't really say no. She is my mother. And again why would I say no? "That would be an honor, mom!" I can't help but laugh and she can't either. "Then that's settled. We'll find a dress next week." I nod. "Sounds like a good idea." I turn around. Just about to go. "Oh and one more thing." I turn around to face her. "Yes?"

Her mood suddenly changes and I can see that there is something, that she finds hard to tell me. How did her mood change so suddenly and more important, why? "They are moving in... This evening." They? Who the hell are they? She never told me anything about a son or daughter? I thought that he lived alone. Why am I first told this now? I take a deep breath to calm myself down. "You never told me something about a 'them' The other thing was overwhelming but them moving in. Them? And not only that. This evening? Who is them, mom?" I look serious into her eyes. I want to know who 'them' is. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you any of this. I just didn't knew how, dear. He has a son. Not much older than you. A couple of years. He's a very nice kid. You don't need to worry." And that's supposed to help me feeling better? A completely stranger is moving in! "I do not even know who he is and now he's moving in?" She sigh. I can see that she knows how much this upset me but I can't help it. "You actually do know him. His name is Louis Tomlinson. Doesn't he go at your school?" No, it can't be. Louis Tomlinson? Please not him! Everybody else just not Louis!

Louis is one of the oldest kid at our school. He parties, drinks, smoke and one thing more. The worst of them all. He is the guy that every girl falls for and he loves it. He use them and throws them away as garbage. He sleeps with a new girl each week and it's disgusting. He looks at girls as meat. Nothing else. Just a piece of meat. I hate him and now he is going to be my brother? Or well stepbrother but he'll live under this roof. Now i'm gonna be a witness to every single that he'll bring home and every girl, which heart he has broken. This cannot be true. Just please not Louis. He is the biggest jerk that you'll ever meet. I don't even understand why every girl falls for him. I admit that he looks good on the outside but on the inside it's a whole another story.

"Mom, you've got to be kidding me! Have you even met Louis? He is horrible!" Okay, I know I shouldn't have said that. She didn't deserve that. "For a matter of fact I have. He's a great kid and he'll move in no matter what and you'll behave properly. Get to know him and i'm sure things will work out between you." She sigh and turns around. "I'm going grocery shopping. I'll be home before they'll get here." She walks out the door and she's gone. I lock the door after her. I can be a bit paranoid sometimes. I'm not taking any chances. I'm standing alone in the kitchen surrounded by silence and nothing else. I groan and walks up to my room and slam the door after me. "He is not going to be my stepbrother. This ain't true!" I take my pillow and screams as high as possible. Letting all my feelings out. I lay in my bed for a few minutes before sitting up again. I sigh and put the pillow down again.