Chapter 2.

I woke up feeling quite peaceful. Happy, actually. I felt different, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. I slowly sat up in my bed, and let out a small sigh. I gently rubbed my eyes, and took in my surroundings, for this would be the last time I'd see them in a while.

Considering the fact that I hadn't packed anything yet, I knew for sure that today would be a long day. I guess the fact that in a matter of hours, I'd be moving to another state, really hadn't sinked in yet. I imagined that I'd be depressed and mournful today, but in all reality I think I'm excited to get away from this house. I mean don't get me wrong. I love being here, but I've never seen the world outside my bedroom. My parents made sure to keep me locked up here.

Sometimes, I'd imagine I was Feona from Shrek. The way her parents locked her up in a castle waiting for Prince Charming to come along and save her from her wicked curse.

Thing is, this house was my castle. Prince Charming was still unknown, and so was my curse. All I knew is that this wasn't right. I shouldn't of been forced away from humanity. I wasn't mad or hoping to gain vengeance against my parents, but I just wish things would've been different.

I slowly stood up from my bed, unsure of what I should do. Should I pack my things? Should I go take a shower and get ready? I decided on just going downstairs to have breakfast with my parents and discuss today's schedule before doing anything.

Right on cue Amelia knocked on my door. I swiftly opened it up for her myself, and pulled her into a tight embrace. She seemed a bit shocked by my sudden actions but quickly responded back.

"Miss Alex, umm.. What was that for?" Confusion clear in her voice.

"I'm just really gonna miss you." I honestly admitted. She gave me a shy smile and then cleared her throat.

"Mr. and Mrs. Price have already gathered for breakfast. Care to join?" She charismatically asked.

"Of course!" I enthusiastically took her up on the offer. I made my way towards the stairs with Amelia following behind. Both of us walking in a comfortable silence. Once I reached the dining room I took a seat across from my father on our long 8 piece mahogany dinner table set, and was soon greeted by my family.

"Good morning, dear. What would you like for breakfast?" My mother kindly asked.

"How about an omelet?" I gave her a goofy smile. She chuckled at my playfulness.

"Whats got you so happy today?" Amusement lingering in her eyes.

I took a deep breath and thought about it for a moment. "I think I'm just excited about starting over. Maybe things can be different in California." I happily replied, but leaving a serious tone behind it as well.

I heard someone clear their throat. I turned my head and was now facing my father. He gave me a small smile before placing his newspaper down. Typical father right here. Having coffee and a newspaper for breakfast.

"Alexandra, I have something to tell you- well I have multiple things to tell you." His expression unreadable. I nodded waiting for him to continue.

He soon directed his gaze to my mother as she stood up from the table. "I'm gonna go make you that omelet." She nervously said to me while heading towards the kitchen. I nodded and turned my gaze towards my father once again.

"Well, Alexandra.. Your mother and I were thinking that maybe now that we'll be in California you can live your life differently." He seemed a bit upset by this but I was intrigued to know where this was going.

I remained quiet, patiently waiting. He reluctantly pulled out 3 folders from god knows where. I eyed him suspiciously to which he let out a small laugh to. "Don't worry darling, this- this right here is your future." He said while pointing to the folders. I ceased my brows not understanding what was happening.