Getting acquainted; Chapter 3a (Open Editing Always)

Chapter Three: Getting Acquainted.

 "Forget them Wendy. Forget them all. Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grown-up things again."

 -Peter Pan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  'Amychophobia: The fear of scratches or being scratched'

  Huh that's a strange phobia.

'Rhabdophobia: The fear of being beaten with rods or sticks.'

I giggled lightly at that one and flicked the page to continue the "All about Phobias Guidebook" I had almost knew about half of the phobias in the world, or at least in this book.

Gosh, I sounded like such a geek.

That's because you are a geek. Why else would you have no friends and read a book about phobias in a library?

What the hell...

I mean you could also be hiding from Sarah and the twins.

No actually-

"Are you okay?" A voice questioned, startling me, and knocking me out of my war within. I mentally scowled, I was having an argument with myself. I flushed a light pink as I realized how ridiculous I must've looked. 

A cough escaped from the unfamiliar voice, and my head tilted up from it's original position, in the book toward the stranger's presence, who was coincidental right in front of me.

"Hello?" I asked in an obviously curious manner, hoping the stranger would notice my awkwardness and run away. Unfortunately they didn't, their response was just a small smile and the sound of a chair scraping on the floor as they sat in front of me.

I glanced from my book to his presence once again, He had on a simple black band tee of 'the who', a band I had never heard of before and dark blue semi ripped jeans, his eyes were a light shade of green and his hair was curly and dark brown.

I had never seen him before, well that I could think of.

"You're in Ms. Kim's Algebra 2 class, right?" His voice was smooth, and he seemed collected.

It gave me chills.

"Uhm, yeah." Answering the question I couldn't help but feel somewhat self conscious.

Why was he talking to me?

"Uhm so I was wondering if you could tutor me?"

I was very hesitant to reply, did this kid really just pick a random chick with glasses and a book in a library and ask for tutoring?

How cliché of him.

"Uhm, I'm kind of struggling in there myself and I don't know if-"

"Really? That's funny because the teacher said you were one of her best students." Cutting me off, he obviously must have known I was lying.

Dang.

"Ms. Kim also said if you took it on, she would consider giving extra credit.."

What to do, what to do.

Tisk Tisk, Adeline.

Oh my god, I'm going crazy.

It's about time, I think your mother and Bruce had dibs on that like a month ago.