Chapter 3: Mission - Start

All Rights Reserved.

Feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket, the teen stole a glance at the teacher who was apparently 'in the zone'.

The agent nonchalantly fished out her phone and unlocked it upon seeing the message notification from Evelyn.

Tonight. 8P.M.

Two taps on the keyboard, and...sent.

Seems like it was going to be an interesting night.

-------------------------

1800 hours

Sarielle eyed herself critically in the mirror.

Under the guise of attending the birthday of Jacques D'Alfonque, the second child of multimillionaire Sven D'Alfonque and international supermodel Chen Mei Hua at their mansion, she and the rest of the team were to search for evidence in regards to the millionaire's suspected dealings in the black market. It was also rumoured that he funded drug operations, but there was no evidence so far.

C.O.R.E was wary of confronting him head-first due to two main reasons. The first was the fact that evidence was circumstantial, and another was his expertise in law alongside with some of the best lawyers and team of advisors under him.

Hence, the current mission.

The agent had carefully chosen an elegant emerald gown with layers (enabling her to conceal selected weapons from sight) – and paired it with matching stilettos (good for stabbing). Her hair been styled into a messy bun secured by a headband, a few loose strands framing her face. Some make-up had been applied and jewellery had been kept to a minimum as not to hinder her – a simple pair of stud earrings and a silver watch.

It was amazing how much work it was to keep everything practical, the agent mused wryly to herself as she picked up her purse.

It was time to meet the others.

---

WITH JACQUES

"I can't believe you did that!" Elias snickered, rolling about in laughter.

The tawny blonde male smirked.

His name was Jacques D'Alfonque, successor to Alfven Royal Inc., one of the world's elite trading companies.

Elias Knight was his brother in all but blood. Their families were old friends, and the two of them had grown up together. His entire family was highly established in their respective fields – his parents in medicine, brother in law and sister in fashion design. Elias himself? Music was his life.

"You booby-trapped that woman's room, didn't you?" Shun Zian shook his head in amusement.

Liang Shun Zian, his elder brother figure. The D'Alfonque heir started getting to know him when he partnered up with Elias for a music competition a couple of years ago. He was from a small, but highly prominent family in China. His fluency in five different languages excluding dialects, a sharp mind and an affinity for song-writing and composing made him highly sought-after.

Together, he and Elias made up the extremely successful duet 'Astral'. The fact that they were an independent act had record companies constantly badgering them, much to his unending amusement and their annoyance.

Jacques raised an eyebrow, "What? The old hag deserved it."

"Yes, we all know she insulted your parents. But really...itching powder in her clothes, putting neon yellow hair dye in her shampoo, replacing all her designer outfits with costumes...?"