2

"Hey Zoe! Zoe over here!"

I heard a woman calling my name from behind so I turn around on my ground. I can't see her face clearly because of the sun coming from the big windows that's behind her, but I can see her silhouette. She's wearing jeans and a faded pink blouse, she also have blond hair and she's a little taller than me. She's waving her hand at me while holding a cupboard with my name on it.

The moment I got into where she's standing, she immediately hugged me. I'm a little bit shocked at first but I managed to hug her back.

"Thank God you made it. Come on lets get going" she said and she helped me with my suitcases.

"You dont know how excited I am to meet you. Karen and Henry did a great job on raising a beautiful girl like you" she said while walking beside me.

"Thank you Mrs...." I trailed off since I didn't catch her name.

"Hemmings. Elizabeth Hemmings, but you can call me Liz" she said and I nod.

Hemmings, sounds familiar huh.

"Okay. Thanks Liz" I said while flashing a smile at her.

*lets skip the car ride bc Im feeling lazy af*

"I cant wait for you to meet my son. He's a great kid. You guys will get along since you both like the same music" Liz said while we're getting my luggages out of her car.

"He? I thought you have 3 sons?" I said emphasizing the letter 's'.

"Oh yes I have, but the two of them moved away because they are already grown ups and adults they said" I laughed after she rolld her eyes at the mention of her other two sons.

As we reached the front door and unlocked it, Liz called out her son that named Luke. Ha! Luke Hemmings! 😂

Wait...

Her name is Liz Hemmings...

So her son must've be Luke Hem-

"Waaaait! Just 1 second!" a guy shouted from upstairs with a very familiar voice.

"He must be playing his guitar" Liz said then chuckle and I just nod and smile at her then look at the ground.

It can't be the Luke in that band, can it?

"Hey mum" I heard someone says then I felt him hug Liz.

"Hey sweetie. Can you please help Zoe put this in her room? I'll just make us some pasta" I heard Liz said and Im still looking at the ground.

"Uhmm Zoe? You okay?" Liz put her hand on my shoulder making me look up at her, and only her.

"Huh? Yeah. I-I'm fine. Just a little light headed because of the plane ride. But Im good" I said then smile.

"Oh do you want an advil or something?" I shake my head no still smiling.

"Okay just tell if you needed one, by the way this is my youngest, Luke. Luke this is Zoe. I already told you about her"

I saw a hand in front of me gesturing for a hand shake. I hesitantly took it and look up at the guy next.

Shit.

It can't be him.

No, please. No

"Hi my name is Luke. Nice to meet you Zoe" he said flashing those pearly white teeth with his dimples poking out and I swear I nearly fainted, but I managed to compose myself.

"Ni-nice to meet you too"

"Well okay kids. I'll be right here in the kitchen. Luke, help her please" and with that she's gone into the kitchen.

"Uhmm follow me?" he said then he grabbed my two suitcases in both hands and start walking. I follow him behind closely while looking around the house. Moments later I was bumped into Luke's back caused by not paying attention. I mumble a sorry and he scoff.

"Next time, look on what you're walking into" his sudden change of mood surprised me so I just nod my head and look at the ground earning another scoff from him.

Aba gago toh ah

"This is your room" I heard him say then a door is being opened so I looked up.

The room has a bed for what seems two people, a study table on the side with a window infront of it. There's also a closet across the room and a whole body mirror besides it. Then there's another door on the side that I assume is a bathroom.

"Make yourself at home" he said sarcastically making me roll my eyes but he can't see me because he's facing my back.

"My room is beside yours so dont make any annoying noises. If you need something go call my mum downstairs" he was about to close the door when he say something.

"And another thing, the bathroom has two doors on both side, meaning, we'll be sharing it" and with that he's gone.

First thing I did was to open one of my suitcases and put my things inside the closet. Nah, I'm just kidding I actually jumped on the bed with my stomach flat against the soft material, and sigh loudly while closing my eyes.

This is such a long day for me. Well, this day haven't finish yet actually, but I feel really exhausted already, plus Luke's sudden change of mood is confusing me.

Hay nako bwisit!

•••