The Meeting

Chapter 4: The Meeting

Even though I had some help across the ways I also had some obstacles. These obstacles were really big. But they made me realize who I am as a person. I've always put myself still in the gay and lesbian category. I've never like being called lesbian though. Every time I talk about it I say I'm gay. Not lesbian not bisexual but gay. Even though I am a girl. And when people said I'm lesbian I would alway correct them. They thought it was strange. They told me gay is a term for guys but I didn't care. When I was young I felt like a guy. I knew very little about transgender people. At age 11 and 12 I had thought about what life would be like as a guy. I had thoughts about a sex change. I wasn't really sure who I was. Until my grade 9 year, the situations started in December when one of my teachers talk to my parents. He talked to them about my sexuality and what they could do to help me. My parents were speechless I wasn't their daughter to them. It was tough to not speak to my mom for a couple of weeks. Even on Christmas Day my mother and I didn't talk. She cried herself to sleep every night and had very little sleep. I didn't want to be in that house. I wanted to leave or maybe even die.