22. TELL HER YOU LIKE HER

"Hey, babe, I'm sorry," Cristiano started

James giggled, "Its babe already!"

Cristiano threw him a dirty look. Go away, he mouthed.

Zarine's apologetic voice flowed through, "Hey, umm, are you okay?"

"I am now," he smiled.

It was Gareth who was giggling now, "He's smiling like we just won the Champion's League."

Go away, you two.

Zarine didn't enquire about the match apart from saying that Real Madrid were the best no matter what. Cristiano was grateful for the privacy. He couldn't have talked about the match just yet.

Usually, he was the one who talked more but today, Zarine did most of the talking...about how it was getting colder and she couldn't find her favourite hoodie, how she was applying for a doctorate degree in colleges abroad but wasn't sure she would get in because scholarships were tough to get, her friend had got engaged...He listened carefully so that he couldn't miss any detail of her life because these phone calls? These phone calls were all he had to get to know her , the girl who made his days so much better.

James and Gareth were still in the room, goofing around and shouting embarrassing stuff for Zarine to hear and Cristiano to get embarrassed by.

They were chanting, "TELL HER YOU LIKE HER!"

"God, you two need to leave," the poor guy mumbled.

"Why is there so much noise around you?" Zarine asked finally. To her it sounded as if someone was dancing and shouting behind Cristiano.

"Its just-" Cristiano practically screamed when James snatched the phone from him and try as he might, he could not take it back before James started speaking.

"Hey, this is James. Cristiano probably talks about his awesome and hot best friend, that is, me, all the time-"

"Gareth, help me get it back. He's going to scare her away," Cristiano ran a hand through his hair and groaned.

James hadn't got a reply when Gareth pushed him down and snatched the phone.

"Thank you, man," Cristiano sighed with relief only to frown as he saw Gareth put the phone to his ear.

He lunged but Gareth laughed and pushed him away, "Hello, Zarine, I'm Cristiano's best friend, Gareth, and as I'm pretty sure he's told you all about me I'll get to the point straightaway. Take some pity on the guy and video-chat with him please?"

Cristiano stopped struggling for the phone and waited to hear what Zarine would say.

"Because, you know, he's trying his best to be all chivalrous and not suggest it but he's dying to see you. So, I'm going to facetime you."

A shocked Zarine stared at her phone as the screen lit up with the following words-

"Cristiano Fucking Ronaldo" wants to facetime...

[She saved his name as "Cristiano Fucking Ronaldo" hahahah XD

Aaaaand they're finally going to videochat. We're so excited! Please vote and comment :)]