Chapter 2

I boarded the train right behind ugly Effie and Hazel.  No matter how much I hated the capitol, I had to admit, this train was pretty impressive. Too bad I couldn’t say the same thing for Haymitch. He was a drunken retard. And I thought Dally was bad! All the man got out was hello before he passed out from too much alcohol. I looked over at Hazel and we both thought the same thing, we are hopeless.

I decided to get away from the contents of the train and I walked over to the window. Damn, I couldn’t even get away from it all for a second. There was the capitol, all glamorous and making my home look even more like crap then before. Pulling into the station all I could see were cheering citizens. They were all just as ugly or uglier then Effie.

We were led into the station where we would be checked over for our stylists. They looked me over and just frowned. I guess ripped jeans, sneakers and hair grease isn’t considered fashionable in the Capitol. I was stripped down and washed up. All the grease from my hair that connected me with home was gone. Then they pulled out the scissors and I backed away. They got five people to hold me down while they cut my hair. I hate these people. Everything that ever reminded me of home was gone.

Then I was led into a different room where I met Cinna, my stylist. I hate that word. Stylist. It makes me feel like I am a pampered snob, just like the rest of these people.

“You are one brave young man”, Cinna tells me. I just give him an evil glance. I couldn’t help it. I was sick              of these people congratulating me for being a part of their sick death match.

“I know you probably think I am just as bad as the rest of the Capitol citizens but I don’t approve of the Hunger Games as much as the rest of Panem”, he replied. 

“Thanks”, I mumble. At least someone was finally honest and not sick, twisted freaks like the rest of these people. 

“So your district is coal mining. I was thinking that we tried something a little different”