Solving Matters.

kind of the main reason for this story's resurrection.

•○•

After a gruelling four hours of binging on our favourite TV shows and indulging in gossip, Hayden and I started getting ready for the barbecue.

Alex had a date and after helping her get dressed, we decided to move to my room and get cracking ourselves.

I had planned on wearing jeans and a sweater top. It was too cold for a dress and besides, the barbecue was supposed to be held outside.

Hayden, on the other hand, had decided to choose style over comfort and was going with a lovely blue dress with a cinched waist. I had just finished putting on eyeliner when Hayden hollered down the hallway.

"Rosie, hurry up! I'm ready and we'll be late."

I rolled my eyes at her. Late... right. She just wanted to meet up with Max and make out. I sighed at that. Kids these days.

I quickly put on a pair of ballet flats and made my way to where Hayden was standing near the door. She looked really classy with her dress and neatly curly hair. Her black peep toe heels tied her whole outfit together.

After putting on our coats, we left my flat and moved towards her car. Putting on the heater, Hayden shifted into reverse and we were on our way.

The drive to Sienna's place took fifteen minutes, most of which were spent listening to the radio and singing along. When we arrived, there was a bit of a queue of cars parked outside the lovely house.

It took us a minute to find an empty spot and park. By the looks of it, there were a considerable number of people here. But the place wasn't bursting with drunks and the music wasn't pumping too loud so that was a bit of a consolidation for me.

We rang the door bell and the door was opened within seconds by the host herself. After greeting her with a hug each, we followed her to the patio where everyone was gathered and having a merry ol' time.

Hayden spotted Max and made her way to him, me tagging along. Max was surrounded by a number of people that I was familiar with. Soon, I was engaged in a riveting conversation about the latest movies.

In the middle of a friend's account of a rather embarrassing incident she witnessed at the movie theatre a week ago, I realised that Brent was missing. I looked around for him and when I still couldn't find him, I pulled Max away from Hayden mid makeout and asked the grump.

"I dunno. He said he'd be here in ten minutes when I called him after I reached here. Try calling him or something you insufferable third wheel." he huffed.

I heard Hayden giggle and I rolled my eyes at my best friend's supportive nature. Telling them to resume their umm 'lovely' activity, I quickly walked away from the crowd to a quiet corner. Once there, I dialled Brent, biting my lip with worry.

Brent was not the type to sit out on a chance to relax like this. After three or four rings, the call went to his voicemail. Unbelievable. I tried again. On the third ring this time, he picked up the call.