Father

Recap: "Then let's play."

-----------------------------------------------------

He stood and walked towards me slowly. His every movement was calculated. Every word he spoke had a meaning deeper than anyone's comprehension.

He was only feet away from me. The gun in my hand now by my side.

"Your name is Rowan Keen, Daughter of Elizabeth Keen. Born in Tralee, Ireland. Currently a hit man for a secret organization. You've killed countless people. Diplomats, even presidents all around the world. All for a paycheck."

"Wong," I said to him calmly. My eyes focused on him, moving as he crossed the floor.

"Wrong?" His eyebrows arched upwards.

I repeated my word. "Wrong. It was never for the money. It's for the thrill!" I smiled widely at him. "I am psychopathic if you haven't noticed."

I walked around him as he did to me. This man reminds me of someone I knew a long time ago.

His awareness, it feels like every word brings me closer and closer to him like a magnet. I can't help but want to know more, to figure him out.

He laughed. A smile spread across his face.

"Well, then that makes two then. Haven't you noticed how we circle around each other like two predators fighting for territory, or how with every movement I make you have another movement in response? It's a dance. We are partners in this give and take. One false move it will crumble and fall."

He was so close. I could see the light lines on his face. I held my breath terrified of changing the atmosphere in the room. The heat filled the room, yet the hair on the back of my neck stood on end with this man's presence. My heart was racing, my breath shallow.
Why does he have this effect on me? No one has this type of effect on me. Am I afraid......no I'm excited. More than that. This man has thrilled me. Made me shiver. So many looks at me with disgust in their eyes. Looking at me like some freak or monster. But him....this man looks at me as if he knew me for years. As if he has been waiting for me.

"To players who are equal in different ways. Feeding off of each other's reactions and movements. But there is one thing that you don't see Raymond. Who has the upper hand?" I stood so close to him our breaths mingled. I could see the confusion on his face. It was the slight twitch of an eyebrow.

"I'm the one with the gun in your side," I whispered to him. I felt victorious for a second. Distracting him with my words so I could come in with the kill. As the true winner, predator. Just then I froze in place. Slowly his hand touched mine, trailing his fingers from my wrist to my thumb on the trigger.

"Yes my dear, but I'm the one that controls the trigger." I was lost in his touch, his hands were calloused but smooth. My grip on the gun loosens. I gain back my focus and grab his hand with my other, pulling it further towards me. I was flush against him. My feet practically between his.

The room is silent for a few seconds and nothing seems to move. It felt as though we fell into a black hole where time itself could not reach us.

"Don't forget Raymond one false move." I reminded him. My voice was soft and low. I could feel his fingers wrap tighter around mine.

"Isn't your arm getting tired sweetheart? This game has gone on long enough. Now its time to choose. Kill me or not. If you do you get to go back to that disgusting little inn infested with roaches and God knows what else, or you can know the truth...." He paused there looking down at me. His expression was as blank as the moon that shined into the bedroom window.

"About what? How big and bad you are. Let all the other people out there who want your head in a bag just how deadly you are. Am I going to be your example, Raymond?" I rolled my eyes at him. Shifting so my arm was pushing more towards him. I haven't a lot of time. So if I were to do it this it would have to be now.

His mouth slowly opens. The words that flowed out of it stunned me. I couldn't move, speak, nor hold the gun as tightly as I should have. The gun slipped from my had to his and speedily to the chair he once sat in. He grabbed both my hands in his. This cant is true. He's lying to me. No, No, No. How could he possibly know? These thoughts ran through my mind. All the emotions that I pushed so far deep into myself so long ago came up all at once. All with four words. Four words could change my life forever.

"Your father is alive."