Thats My Lil' Baby

The next morning I woke up and met Daisha at IHOP. We sat down, ate, and talked. She seemed so cool,calm and collective. "So what you doing tonight?" I asked as we finished eating. "Nothing probably stay home and chill, why wassup?" She asked. "You want to come out to my house tonight, my moms is having a cookout for her birthday?" "Sure" she said as we headed up front to pay for our food. "I'll pick you up around 6" I said as we went out the door. She gave me hug before she went and got in her car. She was driving a nice Mercedes S-Class AMG. As she pulled out the parking lot I noticed she had a custom tag with the words Top Notch on it. I got in my car but instead of pulling off instantly, I pondered and kept thinking about that. It stayed in my mind for the rest of the day. Later on me amd guys went to B-Dubs for lunch to watch the game. It was Me,Keem,Andre, and Pierre. It was packed as hell when we got in there but I figured cause B-Dubs was one of the hottest new winghouses in the city. We sat and ate for a minute. I ordered a bucket of wings and fries. We pigged out and watched the game.I wanted to tell the boys bout me and Daisha but I aint want everybody in my buisness so I kept it on the DL. We left and everybody went and crashed at Pierre house for a couple of hours. We was in the living room playing the game and Keem asked me "So wassup with you and Daisha?" "Nun we just friends" I said as I was focusing on the game. "Not from what I seen yesterday" He said with a smirk on his face. I put the controller on couch "So what the hell you seen yesterday?" I asked him. "Yeen gotta lie bruh I seen her get into your car before practice." "So what" I said. "Bruh I know yall talking" I laughed at what he said. "Yea we talking but keep that ish on the DL cause its only between me and her"  "I gotchu bruh" we laughed and starting back playing the game. I brought clothes and got changed and Pierre house. I told Daisha I'll be there to get her at 6. I left amd was on my way to go get her. I stopped by the flower shop and picked up a dozen roses. Once I got to her house I knocked on the door, a big burly dude opened the door. I suspected it to be her Dad, but it was her brother. "Daisha yo date here" he yelled upstairs. I stepped inside and seen her as she walked down the stairs. She looked beautiful, she had on a Pink outfit and some Jordans. They was some new releases, hadn't even been out over a month. I gave her a hug and then handed her the roses. "You ready" I asked. "Yea let me grab my purse and phone" she said as she walked into the living room. When she turned around I noticed a small portion of a tattoo on her upper arm. We walked outside, and I walked her to the car.  I got in, "So what does your tattoo say" I asked. "Its a picture of my mom actually" she said as she rolled up her sleeve. "What made you get that" I asked? "She served in the Navy, but she died when a drunk driver hit her car one night on her way home, and made her hit a tree" "Dang i know thats hard to deal with " I said as I was driving. I looke over at her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I know it was hard for her to talk about because I could see a tear rolling down her face. I clapsed her hand and held it the whole way to my moms house. Once we got there, I took her and introduced her to my mom. She was in the kitchen finishing up the food. "Momma this my girlfriend, Daisha" I said. "Hey baby, nice to meet you "she said. She turned around and gave both of us a hug. "Yall hungry" She asked? "Yes" we both said in unison. She led us out to the patio were the rest of the family was sitting and eating. "Yall go sit down I'll fix yall a plate" Mom said. We went amd sat with my cousins Tressa and Kalah. They was playing spades and drinking. "This how you know your at a black family cookout" I said to Daisha jokingly. "Whats that suppose to mean" she asked? "I play spades too" she introduced herself and sat down with the girls. I went and check on mama in the kitchen. "Baby it look like you got you a keeper huh" she said when I walked in. "She's amazing ma but that just my lil' baby, we aint been talking for long." "Yea but she got her head on her shoulders Dre, dont loose her, keep her happy" she said . "I know Ma, you know I been ready to settle down and I been told you this." " I know baby but im just saying." We both walked back outside and enjoyed time with the family for a few hours. We enjoyed ourselves. We both were tired so I invited Daisha to sleep at my apartment since it was so late. "But I dont have anything to wear" she said as we left. "Dont worry we'll go shopping tomorrow" I said. When we got to my apartment, we both headed straight for bed. I let her sleep in my bed and I slept on the sofa bed. It took me a minute to fall asleep, even though she was just in the next room I kept thinking about my lil' baby.