Chapter 2

When Kari woke up the next day she looked around with a tired expression then went wide eyed. She felt herself tear up and started to cry out of pure joy. Flo, who slept to her left, pulled the ten year old into a hug and swayed lightly to comfort her. The twins sighed and hugged each other for comfort while Kitearo watched with a small smile and relaxed eyes.

"Hey, we should change. Let's fix our clothes so they actually fit us." Flo stated after a moment of silence. Kari nodded and the two let go of each other and grabbed their stuff then went to the three boys in the group, who were on the ground waiting for them. The five put their folded clothes side by side from right to left oldest to youngest. Kari then enlarged the clothes so they would fit their respective owners then everyone found a spot to change into their clothes.

Kitearo wore a gray t-shirt with black sleeves, blue jeans, a dark gray bandanna around his left upper arm, a dog tag with his symbol carved into it and chain, and black tennis shoes.

Flo wore a maroon v-neck shirt with a white undershirt, a gray skirt with maroon seams, black leggings, and burnt gold flat tops with a little black.

Boom wore a blue t-shirt with a black sleeves and a black eighth note on the front, dark blue jeans that were loose around the legs, and black converse shoes. Beats wore similar clothing except the colors were switched while Kari wore the clothes she wore in the underground five years ago.

"Okay. So we head towards the abandoned camping grounds that were used for tourists by the village about five hours away. It was forgotten about a year ago. We should go there to gather supplies and stay for a while then move on when the place is dry." Kitearo said. The other four members of the group nodded in unison and then they were off. Kari sighed and kept looking at the ground while she stayed in the back of the group. The group made a quick pit stop to eat some food that Kitearo stole before leaving the H.M.O.T.G the night before. During this break Kari looked at her phone. It still worked, to her surprise. She turned it on, it still had some power left. Kari noticed she had a few voicemails. They were all from Sans. Kari looked at the oldest first.

"Hello? Oh, it went to voicemail... Uh, hey kid. It's Sans, if you didn't know. Uh, hey, listen bud, where have you been? You just up and disappeared about two weeks ago. Are you okay Kari? I sure hope so, I still have a bunch of puns to tell ya tibia honest." Sans chuckled. "So, uh, call me back as soon as you get this, ya hear? Undyne and Papyrus are worried about ya and so are Alphys and Mettaton."

"Mettaton?" Kari thought to herself in slight confusion.

"Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention, Mettaton and Alphys were just trying to get you to stay. It was all Alphys's plan at first, but she regretted it." Sans sighed. "Listen, call me back right after you hear this." The voicemail was over. Kari went wide eyed and quickly pulled up the next one.

"Hey Kari... Uh, I haven't heard from you in a few months. Are you alright? A lot is going on here. The surface is doing a lot of construction that is shaking the ground a bunch." Sans sounded a little upset. "But uh, I'm sure you're fine. Maybe you're up on the surface. It beats being down here. Well, gotta go. Papyrus needs his bedtime story." There was another, and another. The last voice mail was from three years ago and that one made Kari want to cry, but she did not because of the H.M.O.T.G making her think that she would get killed if she showed too much emotion.

"Kari," It was Toriel. "Kari, my child. I heard the stories from Sans. My child, I'm so sorry you had to go through such a thing. I don't know what happened to you. But wherever you are please be careful. Oh, and I'm using Sans's phone because I left mine at home on accident. I came to visit for a while from the castle. Uh... I'm at the castle because... I'm taking Asgore's place because... Well, I won't burden you with such details. I will be going now. Sans, do you want to say anything?"