How interesting

I liked how the hot water burned on my pale skin. It felt like the sickness of my past was being washed away like waves on the South Shore.

I used my favourite Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner, and then rinsed. The towel that I had picked still smelled of strawberries for an odd enough reason.

While drying myself, my mind drifted to Zayn and his blonde friend. They must be celebrities or maybe, they're just rich. Taking people in wasn't new to me. You could say that I am a nurse. People call me the "Red Nurse".

It could be because my hair was my favourite colour, Red. It could be because of all the wounds and blood that I have cleaned from the victims that I have helped. No matter.

***

Soon, I was dressed and I had my hair done. I checked on Zayn and his friend.

When I went to my room, only the blonde one was there, lightly snoring away. He looked very childish when he slept. I wondered what his eyes looked like from underneath the darkness of his eyelids. I imagine a bright blue or green.

"Where is Zayn?" I thought to myself. Now that I think about it, Zayn is a very unique name. I couldn't say that I've ever heard it before. However, I liked it. How interesting.

I swiftly made my way out of my darkly lit bedroom and out into my brighter living room. In front of the opened window by the black leather couch sat Zayn. He had a cigarette between his fingers and he was blowing foul smoke out of his mouth.

That was the awful smell. I crinkled my nose and then he looked at me. His eyes were the brilliant, honey brown that I remembered. I could sit and look into them all day.

It was then that I saw pain and fright in his eyes but his face and words were calm. "How did I get here?" Zayn asked, quietly.

"I brought you here last night." I said, just as quietly as he did. "What can you remember?"

"I remember getting hurt by some men wanting money. They were very... Eager. Some may say, determined. I remember that I was walking back to the apartment from the shops with Niall." He shifted over, motioning me to come and sit with him. "Niall insisted on pizza and nothing else so I went with it."

"Oh." I spoke softly. "So. You're Zayn?"

"Yes, I am Zayn. What's you're name?" He asked, curiously.

"My name is Cameron, Cameron Zales. You can call me Cam or Red. Whatever you want." I smirk slightly.

"Cameron..." He thought about my name for a while. He looked to the ceiling and smiled. "That is very unique."

"Your name is quite unique as well, Malik."

"Ah. So you know who I am?" He smirked.

"Not at first, no. But then I did my research, Mr. Biggest boyband in the world." We both laughed.

My laughing stopped when I realized that Zayn had an open wound on above his eyebrow.

"Take off your jacket. It's time to play doctor." I playfully winked at him.

Zayn carefully slipped the leather off and I noticed his winced and had trouble with his left hand. I took a mental note of that. I reached to the coffee table and pulled out a drawer. It was filled with first aid and other caring items.

"So, tell my where it hurts." I take a notepad and write all the parts that he says.

ZAYN'S CARE LIST

-Left wrist; was stepped on; probably broken

-Cut above right eyebrow; throw to ground; not infected

-Finger-length slash on hip; knife; slightly infected

I tended to his wounds. Wrapping, poking, dabbing, licking (just kidding) anywhere it hurt. It turns out that Zayn is really awesome to talk to. He's so open and honest with you.

I can tell that he is a type of person who would be or is devoted in a relationship. As I was cleaning his battle wounds, he told me a lot about himself. It didn't seem vain, I enjoyed learning about him. I'm glad that he trusts me enough to tell me about him.

I was finally finished. "Hey," Zayn says "Thanks for helping Niall and I. It really means a lot. You are really great at this."

I blushed. Most people never compliment me. I don't get compliments often. I lower my head to look at my hands that mysteriously ended up in my lap.

Zayn put a finger under my chin and lifted my head up. "You're cute when you blush. Please, don't look away when you do it."

I smiled and then I heard a door close. Soon, a morning Niall sauntered over to us.

"Hey."

_._._._._._._._