Chapter 12

CAN WE ALL JUST TALK ABOUT SOMETHING RIGHT NOW?!?! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!! I ALMOST HAVE 2K READS ALREADY AND IT'S INSANE!! I know I have had 1k for a while but I haven't really been able to do anything for it, so I am sorry for not thanking you earlier.

Because I can't stream this Sunday for this occasion, I will be having a little QnA. You can send me questions and I shall answer them in the comments!

But anyway, Thank you all so much for 1k and I hope you enjoy this chapter! < 3

Brandon's POV

I open up my Skype and hover my mouse over the call button. What does Preston want to talk about? Is something wrong? Did I do something? Is it about our conversation about Rob that we had a couple weeks ago?

I click on call and let it ring a bit. He answers after three rings and quickly turns off his camera. 

"What's up?" I question, waiting a bit for a reply.

"Do you remember that chat we had a while ago?" He asks me.

"Yeah," I reply nonchalantly. He sighs and turns on his camera. His room looks flooded with tissues and tissue boxes.

"Oh my god," I state, "Preston, what's wrong?" His eyes look puffy and red, as if he was crying right before the call. He sniffles and sheds a tear.

Did I do this to him? Was the topic too personal? "Are you okay?" I question.

"W-where is he?" Preston asks me out of nowhere. "I t-thought he was d-dead for so long." He sniffs again and pulls out a tissue.

"I-I don't really know where he is," I reply. "He is probably still in Canada."

"He called me during our call," He states, "and I started to f-freak out. That's why I ended our call r-really fast."

"Preston, I'm sorry I pushed that topic on you. I should have known that was still a touchy subject," I apologize.

"It's n-not your fault. You d-didn't know that was going to happen," Preston says.

"I still could have prevented this though," I state.

Should I ask him about him and Rob? No, I shouldn't. He is already feeling horrible. But why is he feeling like this? Would it be about his feelings for Rob? We can't push another question on him like this. Why not ask it in a different way, not just flat out say it, but hint at it? If he starts crying, it's your fault. We are the same person. Shut up!

"Why are you freaking out about this though?" I question. Preston's facial emotion changes from sympathy to frighten. Damn it!

He hesitates a moment before replying, "It's b-because he was my b-b-best friend and I t-thought he w-was dead." Several tears start pouring from his eyes and he hurries to turn his camera off.

"Preston, look, I am so sorry. He didn't even tell me that he was leaving. He just left out of nowhere and just suddenly came back today," I comfort. I hear a distant sniff come from Preston.

"I-I'm sorry that I'm crying all the time. Heh, I'm just a crybaby." Preston snuffles. The song Cry Baby by Melanie Martinez starts playing in my head and I chuckle a bit.

"You are fine, don't worry," I conclude. "Anyway, I got to get going. If you still need to talk, please call me up, okay?"

"Okay, see you later!" Preston exclaims and I end the call.

Now, what is up with him?