Blue Eyes

You possess great inner strength and physical strength, though many people may not see it. In fact, people often don't see the real you and judge you negatively before they get the chance to know you. Perhaps people see you as weak, timid, or untrustworthy. People with blue eyes can often be perceived as timid or unassertive. The Daily Mail reports that in 2006, German psychologists found that blue-eyed children tended to be wary of new things and were considerably less open around their peers. Medical Daily reports that many people perceive people with blue eyes as being "competitive" and even "egotistical." Despite these negative assessments, a pilot study reported by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine suggests that women with lighter-colored eyes tend to tolerate pain better during childbirth than those with darker eyes. They also seemed to handle the stress of childbirth better. Dr. Inna Belfer of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine says, "In a study involving 58 pregnant women — 24 with dark-colored eyes and 24 with light-colored eyes — those with lighter eyes achieved greater reductions in postpartum anxiety, depression, and catastrophizing/rumination." If you have blue eyes, perhaps your inquisitive, cautious nature comes across as aloof to onlookers?