the apprenticeship

2 weeks later and ford still hasn't figured out who or what was causing the dimensional rips . it could be anything. Ford was nearly losing his mind ,spending day and night in the basement, calculating constellations of possible rip locations and comparing them , hoping to find a pattern ,but he wasn't lucky . it was 5pm and ford hasn't eaten an entire day , so as his " apprentice " or whatever he calls me , I felt responsible and made him a sandwich and some coffee . I was helping ford 24 -7 , spending nearly all of my summer 30 feet under ground  with artificial light leaving my family and social life behind. Mabel ignored me yesterday , which is not normal for her , but I can't blame her . I'm so goddamn stupid . here I am , being 15 in a week . Yeah I took fords apprenticeship but I am not sure if that's what I really want . Do I want to spend my teens in a shabby , dark basement with an old man , calculating wormholes for all enternity . I wanna have fun , yeah I am a nerd , I love to solve mysteries and figure stuff out , but I'm also a normal teenager who likes to have fun . I still have one week left till school . I can still fix things . I quickly pressed the code to open the secret pass way behind the vending machine and walked down to ford . he was sitting in his " office " wildly scrabbling something down . I placed the plate and the steaming mug on the table and cleared my throat . my uncle shrugged and turned around. he looked tired , he was unshaved and had bags under his eyes "Dipper, thank you for bringing something to eat , I'm starving . after that you can check all the coordinates of Sacramento, California and compare them  with the statistics we made . " he demanded , grabbing the coffee . " Look , about this apprenticeship. I know I accepted it but I think I didn't think it through. I want to be in high school , go to prom , do stupid things , have fun . Man , I left my family and my friends behind because all of this ." I stuttered nervously, looking down . Ford placed his mug quickly on the the table , causing it's content to slop over . " ARE YOU CRAZY BOY ! we are working on something BIG here and you are taking down MY apprenticeship for your GODDAMN TEENAGE YEARS . Don't you realize how important these calculations are , we need to figure out what is causing those dimensional rips . " He shouted angrily. I was starting to get angry . " I AM CRAZY? I MEAN LOOK AT YOU ! YOU haven't seen natural sunlight for weeks and YOU tell ME I'm CRAZY ! And all these dumb calculation of possible rip locations BLA BLA . I'm SICK of IT . Now I'M going HOME to my sister , and I hope you  REALISE how PATHETIC your life has become!" I shouted , turned around and ran upstairs. I was about to leave the shack when I bumped into Stan . " whoa kiddo , what happened ! You look even more freaked out that usual !" gruncle Stan asked . " I turned down ford's apprenticeship and told him his life's pathetic! " I replied sarcastically. " oh hahah- wait , WHAT ? "

Mabel's pov

my unicorn alarm clock showed 5:30 . I was lying upside down on my bed , my head hanging down and all my brown curls were tangled on the floor . Grenda was out today , and my mum went grocery shopping. I was lying on my bed for half an hour , bored not knowing what to do . I ran out of wool and other tools so I wasn't able to do some diy's .Waddles was asleep in his  basket next to my bed and Dipper was at the shack , probably till 9 or ten , but I was ignoring him anyway. I hoped when we moved here 2 weeks ago that we would actually have fun , go on adventures like we did before. But that STUPID twit accepted Ford's STUPID apprenticeship and now he's spending his summer in that STUPID basement leaving me all alone . Wendy was already out for college ,as it started earlier and I have to go to gravity falls high school registration tomorrow. And STUPID DIPPER is NOT COMING WITH ME . " HE IS SO STUPID!! " I groaned grabbing one of my stuffed animals throwing it against my dresser . I heard the front door opening. " Hello ? anybody here ? Mum ? Mabel ? " someone called . wait , Dipper ? " Mabel I know you in there we need to talk !" dipper called again . I heard him walking up the stairs. " WELL IS SOMEONE TALKING, BECAUSE I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING!" I shouted angrily. My door opened revealing Dipper . I quickly turned around and faced the window , I didn't want to look at him . Calm down Mabel , just ignore him . " Look Mabel , I messed a lot of things up in my life , I -" I began but I interrupted him . " Why aren't you with ford , saving the universe or whatever, I know he's more important than YOUR OWN FAMILY! " I cried . I don't want to hear his apologies. He'll go back to ford anyway . " Mabel , just LET ME EXPLAIN! " he insisted. I turned around and looked at him , he looked sad . Before I thought what I was doing I patted the free space on my bed in front of me . He sat down and gave me a quick smile . " Do you remember, when we were in this messed up bubble called 'Mabel Land' and I told you that real life sucks sometimes but we'll get  through together?And I told you that I wasn't taking ford apprenticeship so that we could grow up together. " he asked me . I nodded slowly and sniffled. " Mabel , I turned down fords apprenticeship. I wanna go to high school , together with you . I've been so so stupid . And if you don't forgive me I'll understand, but we still have one week of summer left . we -we can still have fun . ! " he exclaimed. I looked up  holding up my fist . " Mystery twins ? " I asked carefully . Dipper laughed and fist bumped me . " Hell yeah ! " he shouted . " Ya dork ." I laughed and Ruffles his hair.Suddenly Waddles , my pig , woke up and jumped on my bed , licking  dipper's face . " Ew , I totally forgot about that pig ! " he concered .  I screamed " group hug !" and threw my arms around dipper and waddles . Maybe my brother wasn't THAT stupid after all .