Chapter 2

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. I've been going though a pretty rough patch.

What I imagine Chase looks like ^

At the coffee shop, he parked the car and took the keys out of the ignition, then looked to me. I gathered my books and reached for the door handle but he stopped me before I could pull on it.

He took my books from my hands, "Leave your books in here, kay?"

I cocked my head slightly to the side but nodded in approval. He smiled and got out. Wonder what's up with him? I follow him into the coffee shop to be greeted by my friends screaming, "Happy Birthday!"

I totally forgot! It's my 15th birthday. No wonder I wasn't allowed to have my books. I smile widely at all my friends. The fact they decided to skip class to be here before me is heartwarming in my opinion.

I finally spoke up, "I love you guys!"

"Awe, we love you to, Zach," Britt said.

Bruce started to act weird and scratch the back of his head before he concluded, "We have an announcement," then Kasper's face turned a bright shade of red.

He awkwardly laughed before he confessed, "Me and Kasper are kind of a 'thing' now."

Leah got super excited and tackled each of them with an arm and squeezed them together.

"You guys the cutest couple ever!!" she screamed.

Everyone else nodded in approval. I've always knew they were going to end up together. Everywhere any of us went, they were either ditching us or if it was one of them, they would always text each other so this wasn't much of a surprise to me.

Kasper cheered, "Today isn't about us, it's about Zach's birthday!"

"No it can be about them," I suggested, "I mean they just came out officially."

"Nah, it's your birthday so its about you. Sorry no getting out of it. By the way we invited a special someone while u weren't paying attention so he'll be here soon enough."

"Who did you possibly invite. I mean, we don't really hang out with anyone else."

At that time the ding of the bell when the door opens sounded and my friends started acting weird. I turn around and face the door to see what they were staring at and my heart began to pound. The special person they invited was none other than Mitch. I turned back to them and gave then an angry look before sitting down casually and resting my head on my hands.

From out behind me, I could hear his deep voice, "Hey, Zach. I heard it's your birthday today."

I turned around slowly and spoke softly, " Yeah, I'm 15 as of today."

"So, any plans?"

"Nope... J-just probably gonna chill at home."

"Could I join? You're friends told me something and I want to clear things up, ya know?"

"Sure. I-I guess you could come over. U-unless you already have plans.

"Nope. I'll meet you here at 5 and you can take me to your house. Sound good?"

I just nod, unable to talk or think rationally. I look back at my friends and see then all giggling. Great now I have to spend a whole night with him. How will I even survive.