Chapter 19

Alison's POV
"Alison?"

"Jared?"

I can't believe my eyes. He was supposed to be in California. Not here. This can't be real. He can't be real. This is why I never told anyone about him. This is why I made up lies about my relationships. Jared left 5 months ago. He can't be here.

I jump into his arms wrapping my legs around his waist. Ignoring the thoughts before. I just missed him. He is my best friend. I've known him longer than Jem. And that says something.

"What are you doing here J? And how did you recognize me? I changed my hair from blonde to this just today. And this is not my style of clothes but I'm thinking of staying with these types of clothes, and my makeup is completely different-" He cuts me off.

"I can recognize that beautiful face and body anywhere. Well I missed the one I loved. Is that so bad? Or did you already find someone else?"

"Its not bad. And no, no one else has my heart." It hurt saying that. I really do love Jared but I also love Luke.

I get off of him and take his hands to take him somewhere more private. So I bring him upstairs away from everyone else and into an empty bedroom. He sits down while pulling me with him.

"I'm sorry I forgot to say happy birthday 5 months ago. And I'm also sorry that I had to break up with you that way. I mean I'm 17 and your 16 and we were dating for two years. I remember we met a few days after you moved here, since you were there and I was four. I always thought you had cooties. Well that was until I started developing feelings for you in the 7th grade. Then we got together when you were in 9th grade and I was in 10th. I've known you longer then Jem has. Nothing can keep us apart now."

I laugh. "I know everything. You are the highlight of my life. And what do you mean 'Nothing can keep us apart now'?"

"I convinced my parents to let me move back to Australia. Well as long as I could find a place to stay."

"That's fantastic! Did you find a place to stay?"

"Yea I did. Its an apartment not far from where you live princess."

"I missed you and that nickname so much." I say bringing him into a hug.

He pulls away and grabs the sides of my face and kisses me. I don't feel the spark I have with Luke. But I can feel a little spark.

Alison don't think about Luke now. He's in the past.

"Speaking of Jem. Have you seen her? And if you did was she with a girl with red shoulder length hair?"

"I actually did see Jem. And she was with that girl with the red hair. Jem was flirting with a couple of boys. While the red head was just standing there."

"The red head's name is Lily and she has a boyfriend."

"Okay now that makes sense."

"Let's enjoy this night together." I say. "Let's go dance our hearts out."

"Sure. But before we do can I ask you something?"

"Yea what is it?"

"Can we pick up where we left off and be my girlfriend again?"

I just nodded, smiled, and kissed him.

I grabbed his hands and pulled him into the living room (if you can even call it that anymore) with people dancing everywhere.