Why Me?

Maya's POV
Hey Riley I'm scared will you come over? "Sure." Riley said. "I'll be there in an hour." I'm laying in bed pretending to be asleep because I hear someone downstairs. I'm pretty sure it's just my mom but I know she would be mad if she knew that I stayed up until 3am on a school night. As I pretend to be asleep I see someone come into my room and I realize that it's not my mom, it was a man. The man told me if I scream he was going to kill me. I just laid still because I was too scared to do anything. He continued to rape me until he heard Riley's voice. Riley walked into my room and saw me and she asked me what happened. I told her I was raped. She said, "come on, we are going to the hospital." "No, Riley I don't want to go! I just want to stay here and pretend this didn't happen!" Riley told me, "Maya you have to go what if he has something?" I reluctantly went to the hospital with Riley. When we got to the hospital I had to tell the doctor why I was there and she called the Manhattan Special Victims Unit. A woman came into my room and introduced herself as Lieutenant Olivia Benson. Lt. Benson asked me what had happened and I just broke down. I couldn't bear telling anyone else what had happened to me. I told Lt. Benson everything and she told me not to worry they were going to catch this guy.