Hard goodbyes

Hey all, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I recently found out that my unit will be deploying soon to Iraq. As a company medic I feel that I must go along with them to make sure they keep safe and healthy. I know that it will be dangerous and there is a possibility that I won't return but I'm doing it for my girls and for my men and women's children. It has been incredibly hard to gear up and prepare to leave my angels but thankfully they have wonderful grandparents and aunts and uncles to look after them. They don't understand yet that mommy is leaving for a while or why, but I hope that someday, whether I am there or not, they will. I do know, with all my heart, that they know I love them with all my heart and that they will be in my thoughts every moment of every day. And they will be able to talk to me or video chat with me whenever possible. This war has not been as real to me as it is right now as I stare it in the face, but all I have to say right now is I do this for my family and for my girls.

I have had many great conversations with some of you and I will miss reading your stories. Of course it means that I will have a ton of catching up to do when I get back so I'll have a lot to read! Keep up the good work all of you so I'll have some great reading to do when I get back home! Take care of yourselves and your families! Happy reading and writing!

                                                                                                                             OORAH!

                                                                                                                              -Elise