Chapter 22

Skye's POV:

Ward will not stop kissing me.

I try to push him away, but he doesn't budge.

Now, I try to back away, but he grabs my wrists, firmly.

Finally, he stops and looks at me. He looks so happy.

However, I cannot allow this to happen.

He starts to go in for another kiss, but I yank my wrists from his grasp, push him to the ground, and sprint down the stairs.

I can hear Ward running after me. And unfortunately, I know he is faster.

I am just about to the door. Suddenly, I feel Ward's big arms wrap around me. We both stop, quickly. Ward spins around so that his back hits the door and I am in his grasp.

I quickly wriggle out of his arms and slowly back away from him.

He looks at me with sadness in his eyes.

He starts walking towards me.

"Skye..." He says, sadly.

"Ward, please don't....." I say, nervously.

My back hits the wall.

"Ward, please. I have been hurt so many times by love. And this kills me the most because I really like you. I have liked you for a very long time. And when I kissed you the night you admitted your feelings, I didn't want to. It seemed out of my control, though. Please, Ward. I like you so much, and if I lost you like I lost my past boyfriends....I.....I.....I." I can't seem to finish.

I can feel the tears coming. I try to blink them away, but it is no use. I am crying.

Ward is getting very close to me.

Now, he is standing so close, I can hear him breathing.

I look down and tightly close my eyes, as if I am expecting him to scold me.

However, he does something that I don't expect.

He embraces me, tightly. He does not kiss me. He does not talk. He just hugs me.

His body is so warm.

As if it is out if my control, I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I would never hurt you." He whispers.

I look up at him. He is already looking at me.

And once again, as if it is out of my control, I start kissing him. He kisses me back.

Finally, we stop and look at each other.

"It is late. We should get to bed." He whispers with a smile.

I don't answer. Instead, I start kissing him, again.

He laugh and, in one swift motion, picks me up bridal style.

We both laugh as we walk up the stairs.

When we get to our room, he gently lays me down and crawls into bed.

He wraps his arms around me and I slowly drift to sleep, taking in his warmth.

---------------------------------------------

Hello people!

I would like to apologize for not updating yesterday. I know I says that I would, and I actually did. However, when I wrote this chapter last night, I accidentally saved it instead of publishing it. I just realized that a minute ago! 😂 So, I am really sorry!

Comment what you think! 😄