11 the finale

It was early in the morning when the birds chirped by the window. It was time for Taeyeon to get up, but she was too lazy to crawl out of bed. She checked her phone and received a Good Morning text from Baekhyun. She smiled and tapped the screen to reply. Suddenly, an unknown number called her.

She sat upright on her bed, wondering who it could be. She swiped the screen and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Taeyeon, this is a long distance call. Allow me to talk to you for a few minutes. I've got something important to tell you."

Taeyeon's eyebrows were knitted together when she recognized the voice from the caller.

"Well, I don't have anything important to tell you. Don't even think about calling my number again, Leeteuk."

"Listen to me. I called so that we can clear things out, Taeyeon-ah. I heard you've got a boyfriend already," Leeteuk said.

Miles and miles away, Leeteuk was enjoying the city lights of New York. He was standing against the glass that served as his windows inside his flat while talking to Taeyeon. The night was young. And now that he learned the truth about Taeyeon and Baekhyun, he's ready to taste his own medicine.

"Yes. After almost four months of crying and cursing at a motherfucker like you, I learned to love him. And I believe that he isn't like you," Taeyeon replied.

"I never thought it would be Baekhyun all along. Congratulations, though. I know you deserve all the happiness in this world."

"If you knew I deserve all the happiness in this world, then why didn't you tell me any sooner that you were leaving for New York?"

There was a huge pause between them. Leeteuk sighed and said, "Because I wanted it. I intentionally did that because if I would tell you I'd go to New York, it will still end. You and I don't believe in long distance relationships. Even if I told you and we'd make things work, it's different. That's why I told you when I was about to leave. Plus, there was no stopping my parents."

"I think that's one of the reasons why you left, Leeteuk. Your mother never liked me," Taeyeon pointed out.

"True. But Taeyeon, the decision killed me deep inside. If only you knew how much I've been thinking about leaving Seoul before. When I first came here, I never stopped thinking about you. I was a coward, I admit it. And I'm sorry," Leeteuk apologized.

"You're a pathetic liar! If you were thinking about me, then how come you're with another Korean girl there?" Taeyeon raised her voice.

"She likes me. And I'm trying to give it a go. But believe me, Taeyeon, you're still the one I love. I never stopped loving you. The reason why I called you is for us to have a proper ending. You are now with Baekhyun and I understand that. All I want is for you to love him completely, without even thinking about our past. "

Taeyeon was silenced. With the tone of Leeteuk's voice, she knew that he was serious about all the things he just said.

"I'm so sorry Taeyeon. I know that you're happy now. If it couldn't happen with me, I hope it could happen perfectly with Baekhyun," Leeteuk said. His palms were now sweating despite the cold atmosphere in his flat.

"I know that you're not the only one at fault. If I had just noticed your emotions...if I had just paid attention properly, none of this would have happened. I'm sorry, too," Taeyeon apologized as well.

Leeteuk felt a heart-wrenching pain in his chest. It was rather hard to let go of his love, Taeyeon.

"Thanks for everything, Leeteuk. You have no idea how important this conversation is to me. I wish you the best of luck," Taeyeon said.