Chapter Four

Finally, Vanessa dropped me home. I got out of their car and walked to the front door. I found the key under the carpet and unlocked the front door. The house was dark.

I went to the living room and saw my mom biting into someone's neck.

"What are you freaking doing, Mom?" I asked, puzzled.

"I ask the questions. Why are you freaking home so early?" She demanded.

"Vanessa dropped me home... Like you asked." I mumbled.

She glared at me evilly and continued her little  'business'. She invited me to drink some of the blood that was now squirting out of the person's neck.

"Nah, I don't do cannibalism." I snapped, going upstairs. Suddenly, I wished I was normal. I decided to text Vanessa and ask if she'd like to be my friend right now because I was in need of one. I took my phone and like I'd guessed: no texts.

Roses are red, I have a phone, nobody texts me, forever alone, I thought.

Me: Hi Vans, um, wanna be friends?

I waited for a reply but it seemed like it wasn't coming. Why the fudge am I doing this anyway?

But my reply came.

Vanessa: Sure. We could be best buds.

Me: Thanks. I need one now. :)

Vanessa: Do you want to come for my birthday sleepover this Saturday?

Me: HELL YEAH

Vanessa: Okay. I'll ask my mom to phone your mom and tell her all the details.

My heart sank when she mentioned my mom. I didn't like the fact that my mom drenched the life out of someone but I still acted normal to Vanessa.

Me: Okay.

Now all I had to do was survive without blood until Saturday.

I guess you know what I mean ;)