Chapter 1

"Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry..."

But I can't stop my warm and wet tears. The knot that I have in my throat closes more when I began to mental count the money that I have in the little box in my room. I push my hands to my eyes and I try to stop crying.

It's almost midnight and I don't have the courage to go inside to the apartment because I don't know what I'm going to find. Instead of that, I'm here outside of the apartment in the horrible building were I live.

I'm pathetic.

I know that he is sober and there isn't a moment that I hate more.
Only God knows how much I need him drowned in alcohol so he can't hurt me...so he can't touch me.

My heart beats so fast and I can sware that it's gonna make a whole in my chest so it can go out of my body.
I close my eyes and take a deep breath, I alder the wrinkles from my white blouse just because I need time to get enough courage to get in there. I clean my tears from my cheeks and put my hands on my knees just to try to stop shaking.

You can do it Maya...I encourage myself...You can do this, just buy him a beer and close yourself in your room.

But I know that it isn't that easy. He won't get enough just with one drink, he while break the door and hurt me to get more.

The bruising that he made me last week are still fresh on the skin on my arms. The bruise on my cheek has considerably lessened. I don't fucking dame know how I am going to explain more marks in my job.

I drown slowly and I can't stop, I can't stop him, I can't do anything because he is my Dad.

A sob is built on the back of my throat. I can't breath. I can't eliminate the oppression that I feel in my chest. The deperacion is so big that I can hardly be in my own skin. 

I'm about to explode. I can't handle it anymore. I can't do this anymore. I'm gonna lose. 

The steps from the stairs oblige me to come back to the reality. Tipping my attention to them I try to recompose myself when I notice that someon rises slowly and carefree. 

Humilation fliters as moisture in me. I try to not to lift my head but the curiosity is bigger, 'cause I know who it is. I had saw the upstairs neighbor a few times since I live here. He arrived months ago, but he is not a sociable person. 

I barely have a view from his back. He's wearing a beanie on his head, but some curly brown hair escapes from the material covering his neck. He is wearing a sweatshirt that's a little big for him and waisted black jeans . He's quite tall and impotent.

He doesn't talk to anyone, but I heard from a pair of womens downstairs that he is a very frightening guy. But with everthing and his lack of concern for all the people who lives in the same builing as him; I can say that he has a fairly loose economy; conserderating that he had the posibility to buy the entire floor upstairs and remodel it. He is the only tenant that has a entire floor for himself in the most horrible housing complex in San Fransisco. 

I still don't understand how a person can buy something here. The building  is falling apart. 

The familiar creak from my apartment door makes terror invade me. I stand up as fast as I can. I try to put distance between me and the door but it's to late. 

My dad pulls my wrist abruptly. I suppress a gaspand wince. I feel how all the blood drained from my face. My jaw tightens and my fists close so hard that I fee my fingernails dis into the soft flesh of my palms. A knot is burning in the back of my throat. Fear grips my insides with a juggernaut. I want to whimper and beg to let me go, but I'm frozen by the fear.