Chapter three ~ New Friendships and a warning

Seras woke up to a new room that seemed completely unfamilar to her. She sat up and let out a groan as her head felt like a wrestling match flooded her temple. "Ouch." She hissed and soon a flash of blonde hair ran next of her.

"Oh thank the Goddess, you're awake." The blonde woman sighed as concerned filled her features. Seras looked at the woman confused before realising it was Aphrodite from the school front and Seras face turned sour. Seras had hoped it was all a dream. "Well don't you look Jolly?" Aphrodite frowned. "Well if you are going to be like that, then you can leave and go and get some food." Seras sighed and got up, sending Aphrodite a confused look. "Down the hall, turn left, down the corridor and turn right." Aphrodite said exhaustively. "Meanwhile I have to get ready for Gorgeous out there."

Seras left the room and let out a deep sigh. She rubbed her forehead and ran her small fingers though her long hair. She followed the instructions of the rather rude woman and ended up at the Cafeteria where the gossip stopped. Everyone stared and Seras started to feel very uncomfortable as she began to back away. Seras was about to run before someone grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Do you mind? Can't you see this girl just wants something to eat?" The girl said before everyone frowned at her. She dragged Seras to the trays and handed her one. "Sorry about them, but you know how it is with the populars and hearing about your arrival has really angered them." She smiled and Seras caught herself smiling back.

The female had short thick white hair that graced her shoulders like snow and the tips were blue like frost. Her eyes a steel icy grey whilst her skin was pale like ice. She had a small button nose and freckles that graced her face beautifully. She had a faint scent mangos and nectarines. "I'm Jordan." Her voice sweet and high as she spoke to Seras. She smiled and Seras felt a weight life off of her shoulders.

"I'm Seras." Seras responded and felt a friendship starting to form between the two. She felt glad that Jordan hadn't brought up her marking colour and how she was different. She was glad Jordan treated her like a human being rather than an monstrosity.

Jordan moved swiftly through the food and back to her table. Seras hesitated on following her but Jordan waved her over and Seras went over reluctantly. "This is Niam. Niam, this is Seras."

Niam stood up and shook hands with Seras. "Nice to meet you Seras." He scanned her face but didn't comment on her marking. Niam was a young small lad who had dark brown eyes and dark short hair which suited his tanned complexion. He fixed his glasses and smiled.

"Nice to meet you too Niam." Seras replied with a happy smile. She was making friends and she felt happy about it. Seras then caught eye of the statue presented in front of them. "Wow..." She saw the outline of a woman standing in a wavy gown, holding the moon above her head with her hands. The woman's features were impeccable whilst her hair was adequate. "That is Nyx, isn't it?"

Jordan smiled. "Yes, that is our Goddess Nyx. We keep the statue in the school to remind us that we are all hers as she is all ours. She chose us as her children and this is a way of reminding us that someone believes in us. Someone is there for us when we need help or assistance."

"They haven't gotten her hair right. Her hair should be long, thick and flowing rather than st-" she broke off as she saw the shocked yet interested faces of her new companions. "I saw a picture of her before." She said quickly and Niam nodded before continuing to eat whilst Jordan raised a pale eyebrow. Seras drank the drink and realised that it didn't succumb her thirst. She sighed and continued to eat, hoping it would go away.

Seras kept her head down when a flash of movement caught her eye and her eyes locked with a man sitting on his own eating with a cloak covering his face. She watched the man momentarily until Jordan clicked her fingers repeatedly. "Huh what?" She came back to them and they stared at her intensely.

"You don't want to meet him?" Niam said quickly and Seras became rather confused as she let her face muscles move to resemble how she felt.

"And why not?" She responded with a raised eyebrow and Niam rubbed his neck rather oddly. Jordan sighed and moved my head to look at her.

"Because he is from a bad place alright. Please don't try to talk to him. Who knows what will happen?" Jordan whispered and at that precise moment, the hooded man turned and walked out of the room eruptedly.

Seras knew her friends worry but watched the man leave the room. She was intrigued to know about him and she didn't even know why.

Seras stood up and felt waves crash against her skin as she shivered at the cold that brushed the goosebumps that ran across the layers of cells that covered her body. The smell of sea water and streams filled her nose as she let out a deep sigh. She closed her eyes as she could see the beach and the clear water as her hair burrowed weirdly. She opened her eyes to look around and came to realise that no one else looked or felt confused. Seras began to wonder what was going on and why did she feel things that were never there.

Seras decided to go back to her dorm complaining that she felt under the weather but Jordan knew something was up. Jordan raised a small eyebrow and Seras shook her head, not realising that she had basically made a promise to tell her later. Seras moved quickly to her 'dorm' in hopes that Aphrodite was out. She felt her body chug and retch as she fell on her hands and knees.

She welcomed the cold bliss of the floor tiles that lied against her fingertips as she heaved and threw up a small splatter of red. She watched it closely and felt the need of licking the blood off of the floor as she became mesmerised by the colour and scent. She leaned down and her tongue released itself before...

She eruptedly pushed herself away from the blood and felt sick. She couldn't believe she had thought about that and rushed into the bathroom to get a flannel. She rinsed the cold water against it and turned on the tap slowly before staring at herself in the mirror to see a stranger she had never known before.

She had her long, sapphire blue hair that dangled down her shoulders and curled slightly at the end like the stream that moved across the earth and curved into the pond from the waterfall. It reflected the moonlight that graced through the window and caressed her head. This stranger had her green eyes which reflected the meadows of the world, the green on the leaves and the grass that grows from the earth's core. It showed the course of the earth's growth. The tiredness and knowledge despite her young age and it made her eyes more intensified then ever before. She had rouge lips like the fires that burn on a campfire. They spill out calming words that bring people warmth and happiness in even the coldest of days but can also bring wrath like a wildfire burning down a home of someone close to their belief and rid them of their false intellect. The strangers skin pale and cold like a cold winters night where the wind would burrow through the air. Her body was always freezing as it held the coldness that pounce at any heat it can find before destroying it to leave an empty shell. Then Seras attention was drawn to her marking which was a shade of violet and lilac linked together in a fascinating dance. The mark of the moon placed upon her forehead and Seras could still picture the lips of Nyx touching her newly found mark affectionately.

She turned off the tap and cleaned the blood off of the floor. Seras went on her bunk and closed her eyes to welcome the dreams her Goddess would give her.