Chapter 4

Valerie's POV:

I was on Harry's back while we were just walking, dead quiet, in the lonely streets in the park. There were dull street lamps leading us the way back. I decided to break the silence after a while. 

"Thank you again," I said. I couldn't see his face expression because I was on his back. 

"For what?" He asked. 

"You know, that," I said. I actually never have thought that Harry even care to help me.  

"I didn't even do anything. You're the one that hurt your leg," he said. Then we went back into the awkward silence. I honestly didn't know what to say after that. 

"Here, I want to show you something," Harry said after a few minutes. He entered this small open space between the trees in the park and there was a small field of green grass. 

"Woah, how'd you find this place?" I asked, it sure was pretty. 

"I was running away from the crowd once, and I found this place," he said. 

"I bet no one knows this place," I said as Harry carefully put me down. The place was hidden and it was unlikely that anyone knew this place existed.  

"Yeah. No one except for you, me, and," Harry stopped. 

"And who?" I asked curiously. 

"No one. Just you and me," he said, then he sighed. "And Alana," I heard him say under his breath. 

"Who's Alana?" I asked. 

"What?" he asked pretending he doesn't know anything about what I was talking about.  

"You just said Alana," I was sure I heard something. 

"I didn't say anything," Harry said. I was sure I heard something though. "Lay down, and watch the sunset," Harry said patting a space of grass next to him. I don't know if he was trying to change the topic or not, but I did so anyway.  

"It's beautiful," I said. 

"It is," he still wasn't smiling. 

I knew there was something wrong. I didn't know what, but I felt that he needed to be fixed, and no one would be willing to except for me.

---

*At the boy's flat*

As Harry and I entered the house, I saw the rest of the boys sitting on the couch. They all had a worried look on their faces, and they were all holding their phones. That's when I realized Niall wasn't there. 

"Where's Niall?" I said as it caused them to turn their attention to us and realize we were here. 

"Guys! Where have you been? We were worried as hell. I swear," Louis said.  

Liam probably noticed the bruises and the marks on Harry's face, "What the hell happened, mate?" 

"It's nothing," Harry said. 

"So will anyone tell me where Niall is?" I asked again impatiently. 

"I'm calling him right now, he was out looking for you guys," Zayn said. 

"I'm going to rest. Someone take Valerie to the hospital if Niall comes back or something. I think we better get her leg checked," Harry said and started going upstairs.

---

*Around an hour later*

I was sitting down in the hospital room to get my results from a test I just took for my leg. I hope it doesn't turn out that bad.  

Niall walks in the door, "Finally, I get to tell you how worried I was," he chuckles. 

"I said I'm sorry! And you already told me how worried you were when you came back from looking for us," I said joking. 

"I know, but as soon as the boys told me that we'd better get your leg checked up, I freaked," he said. 

"I know, I know," I giggled. I mean, I know he was actually worried and was serious, but his reaction was funny. I replayed the scene back in my head. He was shouting, asking what happened, and then he carried me to his car and brought me here. It was kinda cute that he cared for me that much though. 

"What a disaster in the first day of London, no?" His voice broke into my thoughts. 

"Haha yeah, but it wasn't that bad. I mean Harry did help me, and without him, it could've been worse," I said. 

"Sorry, I should've been there. I could've been there with Harry and you wouldn't even have hurt your leg," he said showing a bit of jealousy when I mentioned Harry helping me. Then I suddenly remembered, Alana. I couldn't help but think of maybe asking Niall? I was a very curious person. It was worth a try, he probably knew who she was. 

"Niall?" I said carefully. 

"Yeah?" 

"Can I ask you something?" I was really careful. I didn't like being nosy, it was just that sometimes I was too curious and that lead into people thinking I was nosy and I didn't like that. Usually I try to stop when I realize that what I'm asking could be personal for them or if they wouldn't be comfortable talking about it. 

"Of course," he smiled. He was willing to help me with anything he could help me with and I liked that. 

"Do you, by any chance know who," I took a deep breath, "-Alana is?" He froze and stiffened. It was obvious there was something about this Alana person.  

"How do you know who she is," he said without moving. It would've been a question, but his tone was the same through out the whole sentence. 

"I, um, well," I wasn't sure if I could tell him that Harry mentioned her. 

"Um, forget it, I'm going to get some air. The doctor should be in here soon with your results," he forced out a bitter smile and left without even looking back.