Six

The another girl turned out to be Mary.

Mary's birth name was Marium. She was the only child of Adnan, a relative of Zubair Ahmed, who came to the States on a student visa , then married an African-American woman to get permanent residence.

Even though, Mary was a Muslim, she was not at all inclined towards the religion. She was two years older than Zubaida and they seldom met each other.

"What are you doing here?" Mary confounded.
"I... I will be staying here...till ...till I can find ...
find a place of my own," Zubaida stammered, dumbfounded at seeing her distant cousin," please don't... don't tell my parents. "
Mary rolled her eyes.
"You are too ingenuous, you won't be able to handle the wildness that goes on in here," Mary taunted Zubaida with a cunning smile on her face, "let's see how long you will survive."

...................
"Hey whatcha readin' ?" Kristen asked, settling next to Zubaida on the sofa.
"Sidney Sheldon. The Other Side of Midnight." Zubaida replied.
"Frankly, I would rather have interesting activity going on in front of my eyes than imagining stuff in my head, " Kristen impishly implied, "so how about we watch a movie instead? That's what Patricia and I usually do on a Friday night."
"OK. Sure!" Zubaida said, laughing at her new found friend's sincerity.

Patricia had already retired to bed due to a sore throat and runny nose and Mary was out on a date.
"You go grab some snacks from the kitchen while I search for something exciting to watch." Kristen suggested, turning on the laptop placed on the coffee table before her.

The movie Kristen chose was an adult comedy.

Halfway through the film, Zubaida noticed Kristen scooting closer and felt a hand crawl up her back .
She abruptly turned towards Kristen, giving her a puzzled look.

Kristen came dangerously close to Zubaida's face. Their lips almost touching.

"Are you out of your mind?" Zubaida bellowed, pushing Kristen away from herself and wiping her lips with the back of hand, in disgust.
"C'mon give me a try, you won't be disappointed.
I am a pro at this. Even the dean approves my skills." Kristen insisted, teary eyed.
"No!" Zubaida yelled, "Just go away, I don't like this!"

Defeated, Kristen stood to leave.
"Fine, I understand you are not ready. Just lemme know when you need me." She said as a parting shot.