Chapter 1-Where are our memories?

"Emma!" Killian shook me awake. "Emma wake up!" He looked straight at me while we lay on the floor of Granny's diner. I was looking around but my blurry vision only let me focus on Killian's face.

"Wha...what happened?" I tried to remember but nothing made sense to how we got here. The last thing I remembered was my family, friends and I walking into Camelot. I got up and looked around the diner, and everyone that was in Camelot was here on the floor. Everyone was the same. All the same memories and no one remembers what happened in Camelot.

-

A month later Killian and I moved in together in a house down the street from my parents apartment. We were finally getting our lives together and getting use to my dark magic. It wasn't easy but Elsa and Rumple helped teach me to control it. We meet up twice a week in the park when no one is around. It wasn't much and sometimes it would end badly but I was gaining more control of the darkness.

"Hey, Emma. Come to the dock, I have to show you something." Killian texts me.

I walk over to my yellow Volkswagen Beetle and drive over there. I notice Killian standing at the end of the dock holding roses behind his back but I pretend I don't see them. When I get closer he pulls them out with a big grin and I accept them with a kiss.

"That's not all." He walks over and starts to climb onto his Ship that wasn't there when I got here but now appears.  I follow him on and see flower arrangements all across the floor of the ship. He grabs my hand and walks me over to a table with our lunch and champagne. When I sit down he pushes me in then sits across to me. His face is unforgettable, happy and for the first time I see myself in his eyes. Happy. That's what I'm feeling too. We finish our meal staring into each others eyes and talk about work. He works as a coast guard, going around in his ship during the day. He usually doesn't run into anyone so there isn't much to do. When the champagne is gone he stands up and walks over to me.

I have a huge smile on my face, and so does he. He kneels down on one knee and pulls out a ring. "Emma Swan, you have made me the happiest person alive. I can't live another day not being able to call you mine. I love being able to come home to you and just feeling so excited to talk to you. And with that, will you be mine and marry me?"

Shocked, I start to cry "yes!! Of course I love you."  I kiss him then let him put the ring on my left ring finger.

"I love you too." His smile grows.

We spend the rest of the night cuddling on his ship in his bed below the deck. His skin feels so warm against mine. His arms tight around me as if someone would try pulling me away from him. I feel safe, and secure and in that moment, we fall asleep. Not slowly, but fast and sudden. Not knowing what could happen next that would strip that feeling away. But let the future come, right? You will never know what the future will bring...