Chapter 10

Chapter 10

    He was standing in the middle of a cornfield, fog completely shrouding him, a large, winding tower standing right before him. He moved through the field, passed a couple of roads that were abandoned, and passed a farmhouse that had a little blue car parked in the front and a stable filled with horses. He could hear screaming within his head, something coming after him....the screams becoming almost unbearable...He saw the tower and was wondering why it was there. And what it was for.

    The scream seemed to be coming from the very top.

    He saw a couple of horses stand there, looking up at the tower, and a dog jumping up and down...the screeching was loud!

    A figure flitted forward.

    He had a knife in his hand.

    And he was covered in blood. The figure was standing at the foot of the tower staring out over everything and then there was a screaming and thrashing and he awoke from the dream and found himself lying on an uncomfortable cement floor, looking around, seeing that he was okay. Michael was standing over him, looking worried.

    “I had a dream,” muttered Tommy, shocked.

    “About?”

    “This tower...in the middle of a cornfield...and a man standing at the top of it covered in blood.”

    “That sounds scary,” said Michael.

    “It was...” said Tommy. “It felt more than a dream though.”

    “Why? It was just a dream...”

    “It just felt...different...like it has happened already...or it could perhaps happen sometime in the future.”

    “Don’t talk crazy,” said Michael.

    “I’m not...” started Tommy.

    “This is making you crazy...all of what we are going through is making you crazy. Don’t worry. We will get out of this alive. I already know,” said Michael.

    “I hope so,” said Tommy, a small smile touching his lips. He pressed his hands on the wall and stepped up, walking toward the door. He tried to open it but it was locked.

    Of course.

    “What’re you gonna do?” Michael asked.

    “Try to escape. Save the people who are alive. And try to get the hell out of here.”

    “This was a mistake,” Michael said.

    “I know but we didn’t know that this would happen.”

    “I know.”

    “Mom is gonna be worried sick.”

    “So is my mother.”

    “I hope we don’t die,” said Tommy.

    “I don’t think we will,” Michael said.  

    “You're a good friend,” said Tommy.

    Michael said, “Thanks.”

    “No problem it’s what -” A clanging of what Tommy thought were keys. The door swung open. Manson stood there holding his gun.

    “Come on,” he demanded coldly. A couple of guards entered the cell and grabbed Tommy and Michael, roughly dragging them out of the cell. The hallway was dank and cold, way different from the somewhat comfort and warmness of the cell they were in moments before.