Chapter Two: POV - Shades.

Although Edward did not know me personally, I could not help but seek revenge. He was a heroic character, a role model and he did not deserve today. The absolute stupidity of those against these murders was atrocious. If only they had the intelligence to understand who the victims truly were, but at that moment, those fools were not my target. I wanted to protect his companion, and thought I did not know her name; she was the only one who truly understood who Edward was. My sword hacked into the flesh and bones of so many guards, sending their blood splattering across the stage and their bodies to the harsh floor. I could hear the irritating screams of the audience members as they knew they were defenceless. I did not care for them, not one bit. I did not plan to kill any of them either but I knew that if they got in my way, it was inevitable.

“You need to get out of here,” I heard Edward’s companion say. I wanted to keep battling but she was right, “this isn’t your fight.” she continued. I was going to protect her though, nothing was going to stop me. “Get out!” she screamed whilst forcing her sword into the stomach of another guard. I realized there was no way she was going to let me stay, so I quickly used a rope to hook onto the top of the building I had perched myself on previously.

Once I had assumed a safe positioned on the building I watched the girl in hope she would kill and avenge her much loved partner. The red cape she wore moved with each movement making each attack seem effortless. I was aware of the effort acquired though as I breathed heavily looking down at the scene. I wanted to save her, but at the same time, I knew she would keep going until either she died or there were no guards left. Even if she did die, I felt as if she would not mind, as long as she died fighting for Edward. I was not sure why I had that opinion, but it was apparent.

As the battle went on my thoughts went wild. I was so concerned about her life and my urge to save her only grew. I soon gave him, resentfully, lowering myself on my grappling hook to stand right beside her. She had just killed another man and was breathing heavily under the condition of her stamina and the stress. I grabbed her waist firmly and pulled us both back up. “Let go!” she screamed as we reached the top.

“The fight is over,” I assured her. She tried to struggle out of my grasp once again once we were safely positioned on the rooftop. I was not concerned about guards coming to find us; I realized they would be too afraid after that display.

“Not while they’re still alive,” she explained in a harsh tone. I understood her need for revenge but at the same time, I could not let her get killed. I had never felt such an urge to protect someone so much, but I felt as if, maybe we could continue the Riches Murders. We both knew there was much to do.

“Let me go!” she yelled again between sobs. At this point I realized she was not just a magnificent killing machine. I had already known she was seeking revenge but she did it in such a way, I had not expected her to actually be traumatized by the event. I let her out of my grasp as she quickly turned towards me. The night did not allow me to see her face under the red hood that draped over her face but I could still see the vibrant red of her cape, lit up by a candle in a near window. “I’ll kill you!” she yelled pointing her sword towards my throat. I stood in silence, completely speechless. She stood her ground though, for about 30 seconds before I saw her sword shake. Soon enough, it had dropped to the ground, as she collapsed. Her sobbing grew louder as I reached forward to save her. “You shouldn’t have saved me….” she whimpered.

“Why not?” I questioned sympathetically.