Chapter 1

EMILY POV

"Johnathon, let's go!", I yell grabbing my keys. It's his first day of Kindergarten and he's not too excited about it. "August please tell your son it's time to go".

August sets his coffee down and walks to Johnathon's room. 

AUGUST  POV

  "Come on lil man, it's time to go" 

"I don't wanna go! I don't like school!", Johnathan yells, pouting with his arms crossed.

"How do you know you don't like school if you've never been?", I say picking him up.

"Because when I see it on TV it looks boring"

"Look, I promise you that today will be the best day of your life, and if it isn-"

"You have to buy me ICE CREAMMM!", he yells throwing his hands up.

I laugh, "Okay, ice cream it is. Now let's go before mommy gets mad.", I say grabbing his book bag and walking out the room.

"Babe do you want me to take him to school?", I say walking towards Emily. 

"No August, we're both going. This is our son's first day of school. Don't you think we both should be there?"

"I was just trying to make it easier for you Em, but we both can go.", I say kissing her on the forehead. Ever since Johnathon was born, Emily has been really stressed out. And it seems as if the older he gets, the worse her attitude gets.

***

EMILY POV

As we pull up to the school and park, Johnathan begins to tear up and cover his face with his hands. "Whats wrong Johnathon? I thought you were going to be a big boy today for mommy and daddy?", I say unbuckling him from his booster seat"

The three of us walk into the school holding hands, with Johnathon in the middle.

"Good morning! Welcome to Brandon Elementary School, last name please?, a lady says sitting at a table.

"Alsina", August says walking up to the table.

"Johnathon?", she says looking up from her clipboard.

"That's my name!", Johnathon says walking up to the table. We all laugh.

"That's a nice name Johnathon! So, here are some papers you're going to need to fill out. There short and easy, so just give them to his teacher when you finish.", the lady says handing August a packet. "He's going to be in Ms. Andrew's Kindergarten class. Room K15"

We walk down the hall until we spot another hallway labeled "K-HALL". We walk until we see room number 15.  A tall, slim, brown skinned lady with long hair is standing outside the door with a basket of lollipops labeled "Take One".  Johnathon runs up and grabs a blue one out of the basket.

"Hello, you must be Ms. Andrews?", I say walking over to the lady shaking her hand.

"Hi! Yes, that's me! Welcome to Kindergarten",  she says stooping down to Johnathon. 

After we get Johnathon settled in class, me and August leave and head to breakfast. 

"Table for two", I say walking into the restaurant. We follow the waitress and sit down at a booth next  to the window.

"August, I can't believe our son is in school now. It seems just like yesterday I found out I was pregnant.", I say smiling at him.

"I know. We've had a long journey together Em. But it's only the beginning"

We eat our breakfast and talk about everything. I can't help but to admire, that this is my husband, my family.

***

August drops me off at home, while he goes to the studio. I go into the house and sit down on the couch and catch up on Orange is the New Black. That's all I pretty much ever do. I don't really have friends. Me and Jessica no longer talk, ever since I found out she was behind Draya's "fake pregnancy". I couldn't believe she did that. She was my best friend since middle school.

*ring ring*

I look down at my phone and see it's a number I don't recognize. I answer anyways.

"Hello?"

"Emily?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Wassup baby, you don't miss me?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know who this is?"

"It's me, fabulous"

My eyes instantly widen. Why is he calling my  phone? How does he have my new number? I hang up the phone. That's one road I'm never going down again.

The phone rings again. I press decline. I'm not doing anything that will risk me losing August again. And I hope he is doing the same.