Chapter 3

MS. ANDREWS POV

"Ok class, let's get out our workbooks. We need to practice on the alphabet. I notic-"

*knock knock*

"Ms. Andrews?", a lady from the front office says walking into the class. "These are for you. They were sent to the school.", she says handing me a beautiful bouquet of roses in a sparkly diamond vase. With a surprised look on my face, I accept the flowers and walk back to my desk. I notice that there's a note on the flowers.

You never told me your first name. But that's probably because we got off on a wrong start. I was hoping you would give me a chance to correct that, by taking you to dinner? 7 o'clock tonight at Romano's. I really hope to see you. & I hope you enjoy these flowers, as they are as beautiful as you.
-August

A smile instantly spreads across my face. I look up and all the kids are staring at me. I put the flowers down and go back to the class.

***
EMILY POV

"Em you don't think things have been a little tight with us lately?", August says walking towards me as I clean up the kitchen.

"No August, why?", I say stopping what I'm doing and looking up at him.

"I mean, we've just been arguing a lot lately."

"All couples argue August. That's normal. Just because we argue sometimes that doesn't mean we're having problems."

"If you say so", he says getting up. August has been acting really weird lately and I don't know what it is. 

August gets up  and walks upstairs and I hear the shower running. I sit down on the couch and call Jerrika. I met her a few weeks ago at one of August's performances and ever since then we've became really good friends. Jerrika is the girlfriend of rapper Young Thug, well fiance now. I've been trying to let my old friends from high school go, and focus on having friends that are on the same level as me.  So far, Jerrika has been the right fit. 

"Hey Girl!"

"Hey Jerrika!"

"What's up? How are you?"

"Fine so far, just trying to adjust to my baby being away at school. I miss him already, but I need the break."

"Aww, I can't wait until me and Jeff have our own little one. Always remember, I'm here if you need a babysitter!"

I laugh, "I was wondering if you wanted to come over for a bit? I need someone to vent to, we can have a few drinks  and i'll order takeout."

"That sounds good! I'll be over in about 30 minutes."

"Great, see you then!"

"Ill be back later, going out with the guys tonight.", August says walking into the room, smelling good and dressed up. "You look really nice to be going out with the guys", I say suspiciously. 

"What do you expect me to look like Em? I'm August Alsina. I always have to look right.", he says grabbing his trench coat and keys.

"Well who's supposed to pick up Johnathon? Jerrika was getting ready to come over. Its 6:30, he has to be picked up by 7.", I say standing up.

"Text Jerrika and tell her your going to pick him up really quick, because I can't. I gotta go, love you.", he says kissing me on the cheek and walking out. I stand there in silence. Is August acting weird? Or is it just me? It must just be me. He wouldn't do anything to jeopardize our family.

***

AUGUST POV

As I pull up to Romano's, I wonder if she's really going to show up. Its 6:50, so I'm a little early. I walk in the restaurant and grab a table for two, and patiently wait. After waiting for about 5 minutes, I look up and there she is.