Chapter 2: Yrma Cesciline Monreal

New York City

6:00 pm 

"Miss Ces!!!!! Where are you!?" 

 "Miss Ces!!!!"

 "Miss Ces!!!!"

"Miss Ces!!!! Please your father will kill us if you will not be ready before 7pm. " 

Oh God!  Why are they always bothering theirselves looking for me. I can take care of myself. Can't I have my own time? Just a few minutes.

"15 minutes! Please I can dress myself. You can go!" I shout from the outside. 

Well obviously I'm here on the roof, reading again. It's my favorite place to stay and spend most of  my time. I rather stay here forever than to go with my parents on those nonsense parties. I am sick of those parties and I have nothing to do there but to eat and sit at the corner. I am not that sossy girl who dress just to impress everyone in the crowd. And tonight another mingling is going to happened and I tried my best not to go but absolutely I can't.

"CESCILINE!"

And that is my Mom! I must get ready before she. . . never mind!

 So I close my book and climb down through my window. And there she is standing in her elegant dress. Why is my mom look so beautiful everyday? Sometimes I wonder, Do I have her genes in me?

My mom, Yrma Perez-Monreal is s pure Filipina but my grand parents migrated here in NY when she was young. My father, Carlos Monreal is  the only son of Ramon Monreal, one of the well known business tycoon in the country. Well, Dad is 50% Filipino and 50%American but totally 100% in love with my mother. And their history is a long story to tell!

"You must get ready young lady!" -mom said with a smile

She pick up a black dress on my closet and start fixing my hair. I look at her through the mirror. I always admire my mom ever since I was a kid. Her face, her hair, and her voice. I love everything about her. She's an angel. I always dream of becoming her someday but suddenly, I'm a different story. 

"What are you looking Cesciline?"

"Nothing I just find you beautiful Mom!"

"You are more beautiful my Cesciline! You're the younger version of Yrma."

My grandfather named me after my mom - Yrma. He said that I look like my mother, but that is when she was still young I don't believe him because I can't see my mothers image in me. She's too beautiful. I always love how Mom say my name. Everybody calls me Ces except mom. I told her  once to call me Ces but she said that she want Cesciline because it's special. 

"There you are! You're so pretty Cesciline!"

"You are the beautiful one Mom!"

"We are both beautiful! Let's go, your father is waiting"

We went down stair and saw Dad, sitting on the couch waiting for us.

"What took you so long both of you?" -dad

"We just fix something Dear. Let's go." -mom

After almost half a minute, we finally arrived on the venue. It is one of the famous hotel here in NY.  

"Darling don't forget to smile on the other people."-mom

I just smile in return.

"And baby, there are paparazzi, try to smile on them to! hahahaha" -mom said teasing me. She knows that I don't like this kind if activity.