Years On (Derek/Scott, Teen Wolf)

Another Male/Male story. 

Summary: Derek and Scott, realized they were mates. Scott left Beacon Hills unable to cope with the growing feelings - towards his Alpha and mate. Scott moves to Santa Monica in California. About 700 miles from Beacon Hills in California (assuming in this story Cali is pretty big - dunno).

Scott McCall, just your average 23 year old male. Except he wasn't. He was a werewolf, he had moved from Beacon Hills seven years ago. Running away from his past, more so his lover.Though they had never done anything yet, Scott desperately wanted too. 

Scott was in college, studying a diploma in Electrical mechanics. He had gotten a new girlfriend, Vanessa. He was happy with her or at least he let himself believe that! 

Scott had told Vanessa's parents in a bid of approval, they were together for four years now and Scott planned on proposing to her. He got their approval, as long as she did not become a werewolf. Scott assured he did not want to curse her with this miserable life. It was miserable, he concluded. He was in love with hiis alpha, his friend and one he could fight with for hours but still love him. He shook the thoughts out of his head. 

So a few months after deciding Scott was going to propose to Vanessa, he did. She accepted. It was tough. 

The wedding day was approaching, Scott had gotten an invertation to Stiles to attend - whether or not his best friend would come. Because Stiles, knew Derek was the one for Scott. Derek. Should he invite him? But he didn't. He thought better of it. Derek probably knew now, if Stiles told him If Derek was still in Beacon Hills...Stiles said he would come, because of being best friends. 

Stiles arrived today, for the wedding preparations. "Hey Scottie, how you going?" 

Scott shrugged, "Studying, planning a wedding. You?"

"Me? Oh you know! Helping my dad, he got his job back - once I did some community work for the Whittemores! Er what else? Apart from having Isaac and Erica follow me around, about Derek. Sure, thing I'm good." rambled Stiles. 

"What about Derek?" said Scott.

"You care do you?" asked Stiles as a blonde lady flaunted her way in.

"Stiles, this is Vanessa, Vanessa this is my best friend Stiles. Who also knows I'm a werewolf. Now what about Derek?" asked Scott.

Vanessa waved to Stiles, "Who's Derek?" 

"My alpha," muttered Scott. Vanessa nodded, remembering the times Scott mentioned he had an alpha out there. 

"He's gone awol, Scott, like literally nuts. He threatened to kill me, a year ago because he thought I was lying about Allison," Mumbled Stiles. Vanessa was confused.

"What about Allison?" asked Scott.

"She married Jackson, and Derek thought Jackson was still the Kanima, but he accused me of protecting him for Allison," spoke Stiles.

"She married Jackson? What about Lydia how is she?" asked Scott.

"Oh! Lydia, her and I are dating! For three months now, she had a rough time. She dated Isaac for awhile," spoke Stiles. Vanessa was lost, realizing Scott did have a life there, even though he said he didn't have much of one.

"Congrats mate! Got the girl of your dreams?" asked Scott.

"Yeah dude, have you?" asked Stiles indicating to his girl, Vanessa.

"Believe so," spoke Scott smiling.

"Good Scott," smiled Stiles hugging his best friend.

"Does, does Derek know I'm getting married?" asked Stiles.