Dustpelt

Sent in by Swiftfeather_WC

"That is not where I want to be. Thank you, Bramblestar, for everything. May StarClan light your path, always."

Dustpelt meets a warrior's end in Bramblestar's Storm after coming to ShadowClan's rescue alongside ThunderClan to drive away the invading badgers. As he lays beaten and torn on the scene of the battle, he tells Bramblestar he doesn't want to join the elders. Instead, he passes in peace and is met by his mate Ferncloud and several of his deceased children who lead him up to StarClan. Bramblestar notes that Dustpelt was never happy after his mate died and now the celebrated and long-lived warrior can find true happiness with Ferncloud again in StarClan.

I think this is Heartbreaking but also Touching because Dustpelt can finally be at peace with Ferncloud. As readers, we watched him grow up since he was practically a kit with Firestar, and he outlived the great leader to see the next generation of ThunderClan before finally coming to rest in StarClan.

What do you think of these words? Let me know down in the comments below! I'm still working through a backlog of last words, but if you think of any more, please request them in the first chapter of this book!

RATE
-Powerful
-Touching
-Meaningful
-Heartbreaking
-Funny
-Boring

Picture courtesy of KodahBeary.deviantart.com