Girls Night Out : Chapter 5

For most of us, it was the first time behind these steel bars. Being locked up for something that you don't even remember . . . sucks!

"I can't believe we're in jail." Liz said with a hyperventilating tone. 

"Liz calm down!"

"Calm down. . . Calm down. . . I will not calm down. I'm in jail and Kendal is out somewhere with some random dude doing who knows what."

"I think we all know what they are doing!" *cough* "stripper"

"Kristen! I swear you are not helping, and you're the reason why we are even here."

"Oh my freaking gosh, you're still salty about the mushrooms?" Kristen announced throwing her hands up.

"Kristen, You Gave Us Drugs!"

"In my defense, I didn't know they were drugs... well I take that back. I knew the mushrooms were drugs, but not that they were legit."

"Ahh.. I can't... Nope I can't be around  you!"

I walked over to Wilson and sat down against the wall while Kristen and Liz were having it out with each other. 

"Hey, I'm sorry that you got dragged into this with us. You seem like a really nice guy." I apologized to Wilson.

"Nah I don't mind much Maggs, this is just a bump in the road." He looked  straight at me with those big blue eyes of  his.

I felt like we were pulling closer to each other, so I swiftly turned away and watched Liz and Kristen still battling it out with each other. I looked down and all of a sudden, I couldn't control what happened next. I laughed.. I laughed loud and hysterically. It sounded like I was mental and maybe at this point, I was. Well laughter travels pretty quickly and pretty soon Wilson was laughing, then Liz and Kristen shortly followed. Four people in a tiny cell all laughing hysterically, oh and the pig.
The officer with the mustache came back and found us all laughing.

"Do you think committing a felony is funny?"

"I don't know where you hoodlems are from but here we do not take stealing lightly. You kids are privileged that you live in America. If you were in some other country, they would cut your hands off!"
Yadda yadda...

Okay the officer didn't really say yada yada, but his old war stories were boring us to tears. I was just happy when we got out. Wilson called his cousin Juan to bail us out. He happened to be a lawyer. We collected our stuff and left that sad excuse for a jail. Literally, someone could easily slide through the cell bars and walk right out. Which now that I think about it, I question why we didn't just leave.

"Thanks for bailing us out Juan" Wilson nodded his head at his cousin.

"No problem cousin, anytime" Juan replied.

"we really appreciate it Juan, thank you so much" I reiterated.

"So Juan, do you practice law here in New Orleans?" Kristen asked

"Sometimes, I do a lot of traveling though. I'm from South Carolina and I mainly do all of my work there" Juan replied.

"Oh sweet! Maggs, Kendel, Liz, and I are all from North Carolina. We live in Asheville to be exact." 

"Juan, once again thank you for getting us out, but we really need to find my sister Kendel like right now.. so we gotta go" Liz interrupted.

"Oh of course! Hey if ya'll need anything else here is my card, call me and I'll be happy to help" he handed us a small white business card.

We finally left the county jail and called an uber to drive us back to the hotel. We've all had an extremely long and strange day. At least we knew where Kendel was going to be tonight. At the hotel we all cleaned ourselves up and changed into something more club fitting. I wore a strapless silver sequined dress. Kristen in a bright blue cut out fit and flare and Liz in a spectacular sparkly red cocktail dress. Last but not least Wilson was wearing some black slacks and a nice button up. We gathered our things and made our way down to the lobby. As we passed the hotels bar, George called out to us.

"ayye the party girls are back at it again!"

we all laughed at his remark, but tonight we had only one thing on our minds and that was to get Kendel and bring her home.