Chapter One

Clack
Clack
My shoes make that noise on the cobblestone path.
My pace quickens as i check my watch. I have 5 minutes until work starts, i do not want to be late on the first day. People passing by me shoot me looks because of my pace.
I pass by a few buildings. The cold weather here is great. Ive always loved cold weather.
I come upon my company door and the automatic doors slide open. I walk over to the front desk in the lobby.
"Um, hi. My name is Alex Mor? Im here for floor 6. I recently got a job."
I tell the man sitting there.
"I dont care."
He responds.
He hands me keys and mentions they are for the elevator. I look around and spot the door. I pace over and stick my key in the lock. The elevator door opens and i walk in.
My phone dings. I pull it out of my pocket and read the message. Its not a message at all its a reminder. I have tickets to a expensive club. My name is on the list tonight only.
The elevator dings and the doors open to floor 6.
I look around and see the most boring office space.
Classic cubicles, plants here and there.
A woman walks up to me, brown hair, glasses, and a pant suit.
"Are you alex?"
She asks.
"Uh... Yeah."
She points to a cubicle and says,
"Thats where you are."
She walks over and sits on a spinny chair.
She points to a seat next to her and says,
"Thats your spot."

(End of chapter one)