Chapter 12

Water splashes of  under my feet as i walk through a dark alleyway. It smells musty and dirty.
I pass by dumpsters and trash and several homeless people. I'm getting nearer.
"Cole!"
Shouts a voice from behind.
I turn around to see a man i recognize...
Alex's father. Carl.
"Cole are you headed to the funeral?"
He asks.
I simply nod my head and keep walking.
I pass the corner of the alley and back onto the streetside.
"Cole you cant beat yourself up about this. It wasnt your fault."
Carl says.
I push up my coat collar as the cold air nips at my neck.
I turn and open the door to a coffee shop and walk up to the counter.
"What can i get ya?"
The man at the counter asks.
"Just coffee."
I say in a low voice.
I go and sit on a barstool facing the window. The grounds are wet from the sudden rain storm last night.
"....the drug lord Shichu robbed another bank last night adding to his weekly salary of 1 million. The police may have found Shichus mansion up in northern Bellevue."
The TV blasts.
I look out the window as the fog gets heavier.
Cars rush by, people walk by.
The counter bell dings. I walk over and grab my coffee and stop as i overhear the TV news again
"...In other news police found a victim of a rape and murder in downtown Seattle, Alex Nesh was found dead in a stall in a public bathroom at Seattle Fashion co. There were wounds all around Alex, including a gunshot to his head. The lab results came back as that wounds were created after the murder; in other words, killed before rape. The suspect was then later caught, 21 year old Zackary Nelson. He was put in jail and sentenced for life."
The TV says
"The bastard..." I whisper under my breath.
I slam the door open from the cafè and walk down the street to the funeral.
They should have given him the death penalty.
I think to myself.

(End of chapter 12)